Choosing a video card

Good day all,

I am new here and this question may have been asked before. I am building a computer for a family member who is handicapped, he does some video editing and rendering for his own pleasure. The software he is using is called "Blender" it is an open source software. I have read the specs on their website and the ideal build is to use 2 video cards. I am having trouble deciding on which ones to get. I am trying to keep the cost down but yet give him the best bang for the buck. In the past I have only built standard computers for work and home no gamer or editing units so the video editing is new to me. Can you help with this. If needed I can give you a list of other parts I am using if that will have bearing on the decision. thank you in advance for your assistance.

9 minutes ago, jmillerwv said:

What's the budget/country for the PC?

Mostly you want a lot of VRAM as well for blender just to have the option of using it, but it can use multiple GPUs.

If the budget is high the best bet is a used 1080ti or Vega FE card for it's 16GBs of VRAM.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thank you for your response. The country is The USA. the budget is high end $2000, though I would like to keep it below that.