Wireless networking cards vs motherboard WiFi

got to eern it

I’m building a pc for a friend, who will not be able to route a lan cable to his pc. I don’t know much about pc WiFi, so I apologize if this question is weird. Do you have any idea how well the built in WiFi in the msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac compares to that of a 30-60$ pcie card?

also in general how good is built in mobo WiFi? Thanks for any help/suggestions.

15 minutes ago, got to eern it said:

I’m building a pc for a friend, who will not be able to route a lan cable to his pc. I don’t know much about pc WiFi, so I apologize if this question is weird. Do you have any idea how well the built in WiFi in the msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac compares to that of a 30-60$ pcie card?

also in general how good is built in mobo WiFi? Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Dont have this board, but I would say built in WiFi is fine. Its basically a Laptop WiFi card they use. The only difference is the antennas are routed out the back of the main board vs to the sides of the monitor (Laptop). It also says its an AC1730 card, which should be fast enough. Personally Id just use the built in one. If that doesnt work, then look in to alternatives like Power line adapters or moca adapters. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Dont have this board, but I would say built in WiFi is fine. Its basically a Laptop WiFi card they use. The only difference is the antennas are routed out the back of the main board vs to the sides of the monitor (Laptop). It also says its an AC1730 card, which should be fast enough. Personally Id just use the built in one. If that doesnt work, then look in to alternatives like Power line adapters or moca adapters. 

Thanks so much for the help, I will try the built in.