Ryzen 2600 overclock on stock cooler?

So I am a noob when it comes to CPU overclocking, and I'm just building my new rig soon and I was wondering what the best overclock (clock speed, volts, whatever) would be best for a 2600 with the stock cooler, it'll be on an Asrock B450M Steel Legend so vrm cooling shouldn't be a problem as the heat sinks on that thing are pretty big for its size and price. Airflow in the case will be OK, it wont be the best but it won't be terrible (2 fans pulling in on the front, 2 pushing out, one top, one back, all 120mm, 1000-1300rpm) 

So any suggestions on what will be possible with that config? 

I wouldn't advise overclocking the 2600 with the stock cooler. The 2600 comes with the Wraith Stealth, not the Wraith Spire like the 1600 or 2600X. The Wraith Stealth just does not cut it for overclocking an hexacore.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Get a better cooler... the stock cooler does not even allow the stock CPU to sustain all core turbo without dropping clock. Well, maybe if you override the fan speed and set it higher it might give you something to play with.

OC gains aren't massive anyway, given all core turbo (with sufficient cooling) is 3.9 GHz, and non-extreme overclocks would be in ball park of 4.2 GHz.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I would try to get the Max Spire or whatever it is that comes with 7 2700X with rgb bling and stuff, usually not that expensive.

1 hour ago, Oalei said:

I would try to get the Max Spire or whatever it is that comes with 7 2700X with rgb bling and stuff, usually not that expensive.

i thought about that but i will probably just get a proper cooler (stuck between the ml240 and the arctic freezer34) as its only like £10 more

1 minute ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

i thought about that but i will probably just get a proper cooler (stuck between the ml240 and the arctic freezer34) as its only like £10 more

Well I suggest that mostly for esthetic, yeah proper cooler will give you better temps tbh. ML240 a AIO? I would get that.

15 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well I suggest that mostly for esthetic, yeah proper cooler will give you better temps tbh. ML240 a AIO? I would get that.

yep its an aio, i hear the pumps on aios can sometimes die within a year, that true?

2 minutes ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

yep its an aio, i hear the pumps on aios can sometimes die within a year, that true?

Yeah I won't lie about that, it's a like a mid tier aio but for that price I wouldn't mine tbh. When pumps die you can hear it being load at or temps is high. But IDK about pumps (ML240) dying a year because it depends on maintance and quality of aio. Well get 34 Duo if you don't want aio, I would personally choose whichever is cheaper.

Depending on your location, but, Alpenföhn Brocken Eco Advanced, Be Quiet! Pure Rock or Scythe Kotetsu mk. III would be more than suitable for the task. Even the ultrabudget-cheapo DeepCool Gammaxx400 vastly outperforms the stock Wraith stealth cooler, and it's roughly 25USD~23eur~hétezerötszázhuff

And no, I still won't recommend noctua products due to their overinflated prices : )

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

13 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Yeah I won't lie about that, it's a like a mid tier aio but for that price I wouldn't mine tbh. When pumps die you can hear it being load at or temps is high. But IDK about pumps (ML240) dying a year because it depends on maintance and quality of aio. Well get 34 Duo if you don't want aio, I would personally choose whichever is cheaper.

yeah duo 34 is £12 cheaper so illl probably go with that, thanks though!

2 minutes ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

Well hope you like the performance, how about others anything You See in particular?

14 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well hope you like the performance

is that a bad thing or a good thing?

how about others anything You See in particular?

theres the hyper 212 black edition

Well hope you like the performance

how about others anything You See in particular?

4 minutes ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

Sound choice. Out of curiosity, from which site would You order the cooler?  I would like to browse through their offerings. 

13 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Out of curiosity, from which site would You order the cooler?

either amazon or CCL if they have it, im in the uk tho so idk if CCL is just here or if its global or whatever.

1 minute ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

Well the performance of those 2 is kinda the same. No for the price it's a great cooler, it's not a bad thing just don't expect anything extra from a budget cooler.

Well the performance of those 2 is kinda the same

ok cool 

just don't expect anything extra from a budget cooler

yeah its fine its just instead of the stock cooler do it doesn't really matter

11 minutes ago, CrispyFreshEthan said:

either amazon or CCL if they have it, im in the uk tho so idk if CCL is just here or if its global or whatever.

What is the highest cooler you can fit in your case?  Any budget target? 

Would an alpenföhn brocken3 fit?  Or a be quiet dark rock pro?  These would be fine picks as well. ~165 mm stack height 

38 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

What is the highest cooler you can fit in your case?

im pretty sure its 160mm max

39 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Any budget target? 

preferably less than £40 ($60)

Alpenföhn brocken Eco is 30quid on overclockers.co.uk

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-eco-cpu-cooler-120-mm-hs-047-al.html

Bq pure rock is also good for 30.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=be+quiet+pure+rock

Scythe kotetsu mkii 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-kotetsu-mark-ii-cpu-cooler-120mm-hs-048-sy.html

Significantly more capable than the qraith stealth. BQ and alpenföhn perform roughly the same, the scythe is also very similar in potency of keeping your cpu kühl. 

16 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Alpenföhn brocken Eco is 30quid on overclockers.co.uk

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-eco-cpu-cooler-120-mm-hs-047-al.html

Bq pure rock is also good for 30.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=be+quiet+pure+rock

Scythe kotetsu mkii 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-kotetsu-mark-ii-cpu-cooler-120mm-hs-048-sy.html

Significantly more capable than the qraith stealth. BQ and alpenföhn perform roughly the same, the scythe is also very similar in potency of keeping your cpu kühl. 

okay thanks ill have a look!