Water block RX 580

TheTallGuy

Hello guys. So I have 2 MSI RX 580's in my system and I want to water cool them to get the most performance out of these cards. Now, I already did some research about water blocks for these cards but I could not find a block that I was looking for.

In the most ideal situation, I want to buy 2 full cover blocks for my cards. If these don't exist I just want 2 blocks that cool the most important parts of the GPU. I did not find these 2 options, so maybe you guys can help me out?

13 minutes ago, Etrecz said:

Hello guys. So I have 2 MSI RX 580's in my system and I want to water cool them to get the most performance out of these cards. Now, I already did some research about water blocks for these cards but I could not find a block that I was looking for.

In the most ideal situation, I want to buy 2 full cover blocks for my cards. If these don't exist I just want 2 blocks that cool the most important parts of the GPU. I did not find these 2 options, so maybe you guys can help me out?

i think they might be non-existent.. (from reputable companies) Seen it with cards like the 2070 as well, not enough demand and the price to performance gain isn't enough I find to be justifiable for the price

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=3808

Also EK mentioning they wont be making any full cover blocks

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-water-block-for-rx580.html

did find them Ali express but I would never trust a single thing from there lol

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i believe Byksky makes full cover blocks for those cards, tough i'm not sure about any others.

byksky blocks should be pretty good though, and cheap!

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

i think they might be non-existent.. (from reputable companies) Seen it with cards like the 2070 as well, not enough demand and the price to performance gain isn't enough I find to be justifiable for the price

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=3808

Also EK mentioning they wont be making any full cover blocks

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-water-block-for-rx580.html

did find them Ali express but I would never trust a single thing from there lol

I will take a look at Bysky, thanks :)

I also found these blocks that EK says will fit on my card, are these any good?

Just now, Etrecz said:

those are pretty good, but they only cover the GPU die. so your VRAM and VRM components still need some sort of air cooling for those blocks to work properly.

you could just buy some cheap heatsinks and stick them on there, but a full cover block is almost always the better option.

6 minutes ago, Etrecz said:

as @RollinLower has mentioned,

they are not full cover blocks. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Etrecz said:

as sketchy as it may seem, you can buy bykski blocks on sites like aliexpress. maybe check there?

shipping could take a while tho.

• 1 year later...