Can THIS $500 budget build be better?

Pedakin

With help of the 'LinusTechTips' community (and by help I mean they recommended me this entirely) I call upon you all one last time to assure myself that I am getting the BEST possible parts for the price that I've aforementioned. I know this is already an EXTREME deal and I believe i'm coming out on top, but never hurts to get a couple last minute opinions (after all this is a size-able amount of money i'm spending).
P.S: Unsure if you CAN share NewEgg carts with people but either way i've just attached a screenshot, hopefully that works well for ya'll.

Untitled-2.png

Pretty sure you can get a 580 for a similar price, otherwise it's fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Pretty sure you can get a 580 for a similar price, otherwise it's fine.

Rx 580? See the reason I was recommended this build (I believe you were part of that thread as well) is because of the Combo deals. Ya think it might be more cost effective and worth it to rather get a RX 580 and swap out the SSD since I wont be getting the bundle deal on it?

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Looks shady as fuck.

Well while I necessarily agree, I thought newegg did like a kind of "quality" control on their website and didn't let anyone post just anything? Would you trust this: https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-580-rx-580-armor-4g-ocv1/p/N82E16814137412?Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-137-412-_-Product
Over that version?

4 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Looks shady, I wouldn't trust it at all. The cooler is probably terrible as well. 

If you're going to buy a GPU, only buy cards made by reputable brands (e.g. EVGA, Sapphire, Asus). Don't bother with those generic no-name cards because a majority of the time they're low-quality, defective or they're a completely different GPU.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

Looks shady, I wouldn't trust it at all. The cooler is probably terrible as well. 

If you're going to buy a GPU, only buy cards made by reputable brands (e.g. EVGA, Sapphire, Asus). Don't bother with those no-name cards because a majority of the time they're low-quality or faulty.

I see, so you'd trust this second hand MSI then? https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-580-rx-580-armor-4g-ocv1/p/N82E16814137412?Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-137-412-_-Product

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I wouldn't touch an armor edition and MSI's custom service is ass.  But, their lightning and duke cards are great.  Sapphire generally makes the best AMD cards and they're AMD's evga.  Just avoid armor edition cards because the cooler is just utter ass.  Like, it's both small and worse than any blower.  Newegg's 3rd party market is a joke, btw.

MSI fixed their armour coolers from the RTX series on. Also dealt once with them here in Europe and was excellent customer support 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

I'd avoid it if I were you, it's a refurbished card. I recommend something like this: https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-580-rx-580p828d6/p/N82E16814150794.  It's the same price as the RX570 Armor you originally had in your newegg part list, but the cooler is better and it's an RX580 rather than an RX570. You've still got 8GB VRAM and it's still the same price.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

I'd avoid it if I were you, it's a refurbished card. I recommend something like this: https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-580-rx-580p828d6/p/N82E16814150794.  It's the same price as the RX570 Armor you originally had in your newegg part list, but the cooler is better and it's an RX580 rather than an RX570. You've still got 8GB VRAM and it's still the same price.

For that price I might as well get the Sapphire. Lol keep in mind we are working with a limited budget here. But truly thanks for the input. At this point i'm just kind of letting ya all battle it out in the comments because i'm not very knowledgeable on the subject and just hoping at some point you all say "yeah that's a great idea". At this very moment i'm looking for a less expensive but equal SSD since i'm not getting that combo anymore per ya'lls instruction.

The sapphire pulse is 180 after a promo code.  Which is superior in cooling and like 9 bucks cheaper.  EMCTAUC23 = promo code.

That code didn't work for me, tried it yesterday. Probably because I just made a newegg account.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'd try again and maybe contact Newegg because the sale is going on for 6 more days.  It makes no sense for that not to work.

"ERROR The item(s) in your shopping cart does not qualify for the discount with the promo code EMCTAUC23 you've entered. Please check again or contact customer service."
I'll try contacting them.

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

u can make the 500$ build better by adding a case, unless u wanna put the chips on the table

Lol I have a Thermaltake Commander G41 I got from the thriftstore for $15.

3 hours ago, Pedakin said:

it's the 2048sp unit from china so its more or less a 570 with a typo.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, Pedakin said:

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Looks shady as fuck.

2 hours ago, Pedakin said:

Well while I necessarily agree, I thought newegg did like a kind of "quality" control on their website and didn't let anyone post just anything? Would you trust this: https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-580-rx-580-armor-4g-ocv1/p/N82E16814137412?Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-137-412-_-Product
Over that version?

The brand is literally called CORN ?

Deals aside, a 1600 has very little performance loss to the 2600. 

Without some combo deal a 1600 and a B450M Pro4 is still a big savings.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $119.87 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $209.76
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $189.76
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 09:46 EDT-0400  

15 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Looks shady as fuck.

nah, its got 2048 Cuda cores

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

13 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Deals aside, a 1600 has very little performance loss to the 2600. 

Without some combo deal a 1600 and a B450M Pro4 is still a big savings.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $119.87 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $209.76
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $189.76
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 09:46 EDT-0400  

This is what my cart currently looks like as of 8:00pm on May 18th, 2019. grxEmeT.jpg
So what changes do you suggest I make.

Just now, Pedakin said:

This is what my cart currently looks like as of 8:00pm on May 18th, 2019. grxEmeT.jpg
So what changes do you suggest I make.

As I stated above, a purchase of just a Ryzen 5 1600 and a B450M Pro4 board is still a ~$35 savings. 

Note that your RAM is no longer available and you still need a case. 

While I like the refurbished RX 580 idea, I'd seek the 8GB model rather than the 4.

1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

As I stated above, a purchase of just a Ryzen 5 1600 and a B450M Pro4 board is still a ~$35 savings. 

Note that your RAM is no longer available and you still need a case. 

While I like the refurbished RX 580 idea, I'd seek the 8GB model rather than the 4.

Alright, well if I do change out for the 1600 and the motherboard, I don't think the 8gb 580 would then be in the budget. I'm aware the ram isn't available which is why I ask asking what I should do about it. I'm unsure how compatibility works exactly in all of this. And I stated i've got a "Thermaltake Commander G41" is that not compatible? Someone said it was.

18 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Alright, well if I do change out for the 1600 and the motherboard, I don't think the 8gb 580 would then be in the budget. I'm aware the ram isn't available which is why I ask asking what I should do about it. I'm unsure how compatibility works exactly in all of this. And I stated i've got a "Thermaltake Commander G41" is that not compatible? Someone said it was.

Im not aware of any distinctly incompatible RAM options. Grab 2x8GB 3000-3200mhz and don't overspend lol. 

And mb, I missed the part about the case!

Ebay has the red devil 580 for a lil less get that over the armor.

Thank you. Gotcha.