Can this weird phone socket be used for DSL internet?

Amromnia

We want to get dsl internet in my grandpa's house but when we looked for possible phone sockets to use for dsl i found this weird socket in the image below can this be used for dsl? Or will it just not work or be very bad? i want to know before paying for the service 

P.S the socket is called BTicino BTI-2021

BTicino_spina_e_presa_telefonica.jpg

6 minutes ago, Amromnia said:

We want to get dsl internet in my grandpa's house but when we looked for possible phone sockets to use for dsl i found this weird socket in the image below can this be used for dsl? Or will it just not work or be very bad? i want to know before paying for the service 

As far as I can tell that's supposedly a normal connector in Italy (I'm assuming that's where you are?). I would guess that it is fine for DSL - I would be more worried about the quality/condition of the cables inside the walls of the house, and between the house and the termination point.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

4 minutes ago, Amromnia said:

As long as it has 4 connectors then it'll work fine for DSL. Just work with the service provider installing internet there, and look for a few adapters from that connector to RJ-11 (phone jack). 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

7 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

As long as it has 4 connectors then it'll work fine for DSL. Just work with the service provider installing internet there, and look for a few adapters from that connector to RJ-11 (phone jack). 

You only need two for ADSL, a single pair

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You only need two for ADSL, a single pair

I'm assuming one pair needs to be kept for a landline phone. :) 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

34 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

I'm assuming one pair needs to be kept for a landline phone. :) 

Nope, they share the same pair

Aha thx for ur help! I think he already has that adapter and uses it for the phone i just wanted to know if dsl would work or not so thx for telling me

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

As far as I can tell that's supposedly a normal connector in Italy (I'm assuming that's where you are?). I would guess that it is fine for DSL - I would be more worried about the quality/condition of the cables inside the walls of the house, and between the house and the termination point.

I'm from egypt so i guess that's why seeing this was a first for me 

The isp when i called them said that this landline can handle up to 50 mbps so i'm guessing the cables are fine?

1 minute ago, Amromnia said:

I'm from egypt so i guess that's why seeing this was a first for me

Hey its a first for me in the US as well. If you look up what countries use this connector, I only see Italy.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: