i3 8100 NOT ENOUGH FOR DEDICATED STREAM PC?

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
Just now, koffin said:

i am still troubleshooting with the ddu etc. defragging and what not.. what do u mean what sort of memory?

you said 8gb of memmory. 

what speed is it

how many sticks is it?

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

shouldnt be memmory starved then

the VCE plugging didnt do anything? and you enabled it in the settings?

im gonna give this another swing after DDU

Bro. This is computer troubleshooting you gotta cover all basis. Just because you don't think it's overheating doesn't mean it's not. I recently had a similar issue and CPU overheating can cause the video card to work harder than it has to. Download HWINFO its free and its like 25mbs or something.

So it turns out this whole time ive been using intel UHD 630 as my  gpu?????

There you go. Thats a problem. Make sure you go to your obs settings and set it to your pcie GPU. 

Being that I am a geforce user I would just go to nvidia control panel and set my primary GPU to the pcie one. Since you have Intel I am not sure exactly how you do that atm. But I'm sure you can since you have both an integrated onboard GPU and a standalone pcie.

53 minutes ago, koffin said:

So it turns out this whole time ive been using intel UHD 630 as my  gpu?????

so your display is plugged into the mobo and the displaydrivers werent working properly?

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

so your display is plugged into the mobo and the displaydrivers werent working properly?

when i check hwinfo like Seraice says i should, it shows me INTEL UHF 630 as my gpu. does that mean my rx  580 isnt being used??

all my drivers are up to date now. i just did ddu on amd, nvidia,  and intel. in that order. (since this was the home of my rx  580 then my 1080ti then back to rx580) i really think that its using the procie to render. maybe thats why my cpu usage is so high right off the bat. with just literally the game capture at 1080p  (even at 720p) and a webcam with low reso  my cpu usage goes over 70%

i concede. i check myy task manage streamlabs is literally taking up 90% CPU usage and nothing else is open. Im not even streaming or recording yet. 

2 hours ago, koffin said:

when i check hwinfo like Seraice says i should, it shows me INTEL UHF 630 as my gpu. does that mean my rx  580 isnt being used??

do you use radeon Software and that is detecting your GPU?

2 hours ago, koffin said:

i concede. i check myy task manage streamlabs is literally taking up 90% CPU usage and nothing else is open. Im not even streaming or recording yet. 

fresh intall i guess

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

do you use radeon Software and that is detecting your GPU?

fresh intall i guess

probably gonna reformat and try again... thanks

????? If youre motherboard has an onboard GPU and you installed a SECOND one. Then you need to set the one you want as the primary GPU through whatever intel settings they use. HWinfo is clearly telling you what the problem is. All you have to do is figure out how to set it as your default. Reformatting isn't going to fix anything because windows is going to install both drivers again anyways