Freesync on Intel's hdmi port ?

rama.197

Hey guys ! I'm a huge fan of the channel and I have a problem with my laptop (asus rog strix gl503ge-rs71)... I searched for a big time but I didn't found nothing !

I just bought a VG245 asus monitor (75 fps, 1 ms, freesync, etc.) and while gaming, I'm not reaching it at all :O

When I plug it in mini-displayport to vga converter, I have a great 60 fps but with direct hdmi, I dont even have 60 !

My externals monitor ports only shows on Intel graphics so I cannot plug any external monitor directly on Nvidia.

I tried to use my monitor fps counter with Witcher 3 and it shows always 75 fps (but the game run at 60). On Asus support website, they say I have to enable freesync to show real fps. Can it solve all my problems ? And can I do this through Intel graphics ??

Thanks you !!!

Usually for games, it will switch autmatically to the best gpu in that laptop.

Or you can do it manually.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Hey SupaKomputa, thanks for the answer. My games already run on my 1050 ti gpu. The problem is that Fps counter is monitoring 60 fps but physically on my monitor, i have aroud 40 on hdmi !? When I plug the game with VGA, I see a real 60 fps. The other problem is that I don’t see my monitor in Nvidia settings pannel to activate g-sync on my freesync monitor. My computer is already working with my gpu in performance mode.

Ok thanks, but have you ever seen bad fps output on hdmi ? It is written 60 fps on my game but it defenitly run slower on my monitor. My computer have hdmi 2.1 so I shoudn't have problem with 1080p 75hz !?

Up ! :(

I uploaded a little video to show you what it does...

Thanks for your help !