NZXT H440 Thread

Still no way to ship this awesome case to Ukraine =\ pour ukrainian overclocers.

NZXT, your processing and shipping is ballstastic. No wonder it was free. It's all making sense now.....

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I would just like to know how the fans that come with the case are. Im getting the case putting a h220 in the roof (good price on NCIX u.s. right now 100$) but before I completely build a system in it i'm wondering about the fans. Would you replace them in the front with something more air channel focused or leave them as is.  

I'm wondering how crowded those ssd plates on top of the gpu shroud would be with a second dual slot gpu in the board. And how well that second card would cool?

I would just like to know how the fans that come with the case are. Im getting the case putting a h220 in the roof (good price on NCIX u.s. right now 100$) but before I completely build a system in it i'm wondering about the fans. Would you replace them in the front with something more air channel focused or leave them as is.  

The fans are more quiet than I expected.  When running I heard the HD ticking not the fans. 

Background: I'm really a noob on this stuff. So i am sorry! :)

I recently decided make my own built. When looking for same case for my pc i felt in love for this one.

But this question about the air perfornance make me wonder... Anyone can explain me why the nzxt h440 is not good in the airflow aspect?

Background: I'm really a noob on this stuff. So i am sorry! :)
I recently decided make my own built. When looking for same case for my pc i felt in love for this one.
But this question about the air perfornance make me wonder... Anyone can explain me why the nzxt h440 is not good in the airflow aspect?

I wouldn't say it is not good at airflow because the idea is to run low rpm fans which don't need/move a lot of air, but it's because the intakes and exhausts are very small and restricted.

Is it possible to put a HDD on the bottom of the case across from where the PSU is?  I'd like to leave the space wide open for the fans and I'll have 2 SSD's and 1 HDD.  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Yeah, there's a tray there.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

I wouldn't say it is not good at airflow because the idea is to run low rpm fans which don't need/move a lot of air, but it's because the intakes and exhausts are very small and restricted.

Thank you very much for the reply :D

I would love hear yours thought's on this: Imagine I choose a fan cooling for the CPU. Remove all the HDD support, and have 3 intake fans of 120mm giving air to all the case, without any obstruction. The fan of the CPU will benefit from this. Then a 2 intake 120mm fans on top of the case. And 1 140mm exhaust at the back of the case. This making any sense? Is it a good solution for cooling?

I can choose a water cooling system, like the corsair h100i, but i don't know if it's a better choice. Is a good choose?

I'm really new to this stuff, would appreciate your thought on this :)

Thanks! 

this is honestly the best valu case ive ever seen, WAY more cases need to follow in this cases foot steps, the basement, the ssd mounts, i love it, id get it but im just not a fan of these r4, bitfinex ghost, silent type of cases.

Thank you very much for the reply :D

I would love hear yours thought's on this: Imagine I choose a fan cooling for the CPU. Remove all the HDD support, and have 3 intake fans of 120mm giving air to all the case, without any obstruction. The fan of the CPU will benefit from this. Then a 2 intake 120mm fans on top of the case. And 1 140mm exhaust at the back of the case. This making any sense? Is it a good solution for cooling?

I can choose a water cooling system, like the corsair h100i, but i don't know if it's a better choice. Is a good choose?

I'm really new to this stuff, would appreciate your thought on this :)

Thanks! 

No problem :)

What's your budget for the cooling, if I were you I'd porbably get a 3x120 radiator and put it in the top for balls to the wall performance, but they cost a bit more than an h100i : http://products.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-h320-quiet-power-plug-and-play-24-86340.htm

Yeah, there's a tray there.

There is? I've never seem one at the bottom. Is it like the SSD's "tray"?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

No problem :)

What's your budget for the cooling, if I were you I'd porbably get a 3x120 radiator and put it in the top for balls to the wall performance, but they cost a bit more than an h100i : http://products.ncix.com/detail/swiftech-h320-quiet-power-plug-and-play-24-86340.htm

Well to tell the true, i don't know the budget for the cooling. I set a budget of  ~$1400 (~1000€, I'm european) for the built. I'm not in a hurry to built the computer. I'm trying understand how i will choose the components that feet my needs.

I love the minimalism of the nzxt h440, but the airflow efficiency is a concern for me.The R4 and the Antec p280 catch my eye too. 

The airflow is a concern, if you wondering, because i would like overclock the CPU with the "4 way optimization" program.  Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoaAT5TkXc4

So I found this when looking for reviews and stuff about the Asus z87-pro motherboard. 

When i first started thinking about making my own built i never thought it would be so hard to choose and pick the components... However it gives me a hell of a joy and knowledge!

Thank you again!

Unboxings are not intheresting unless the product interests the viewer.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Does the side window on this and the R4 let a lot of noise out? 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how long the foam lasts?  Or how you're supposed to take care of it?

Does anyone know how long the foam lasts?  Or how you're supposed to take care of it?

I don't think you should go around soaking the foam or squishing it all the time, but I think the foam would last as long as the case, you don't need to treat it with special foam lotion or anything :P

I don't think you should go around soaking the foam or squishing it all the time, but I think the foam would last as long as the case, you don't need to treat it with special foam lotion or anything :P

This will be my first build and I'll probably use the case for a good 5 years.  I just don't want the foam to break apart and be a part of the air intake.  I just thought the warm air from the computer and the constant air flow would dry it out in some way.  I guess this is where the mesh filter comes into play.

This will be my first build and I'll probably use the case for a good 5 years. I just don't want the foam to break apart and be a part of the air intake. I just thought the warm air from the computer and the constant air flow would dry it out in some way. I guess this is where the mesh filter comes into play.

Ya if you're worried about things like that check how long the warranty is on the whole case

• 2 months later...

Did you need to mod it to put dual 360 radiators in.

I'll tell you when I get home to put the front one in. It looks like I could get it in if I don't mount the rad to the fans and let it rest one the floor. Or I can remove a fan/fan ring from the top rad.