Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sixsie

Huawei P30 Pro vs. OnePlus 6t

Posted · Original PosterOP

This is supposed to be my 1st android device switching from iPhone 6s and previously windows phones (Lumia 640, Omnia 7)

My main questions are:

1. Is it worth to pay $1000 instead of $590 for very similar specs + wireless charging ? Never had a chance to experience this.

2. How's Huawei's EMUI against OxygenOS in terms of software support/ general use ? - Don't really wanna buy a phone that will not be supported in 10 months :/

3. Is it true that the O6T's fingerprint scanner is still bad ? - I've read a lot of contradictory opinions

I'm not hardcore photographer therefore the great camera of P30 is a + not a must for me, I'd love to buy a phone with great/good battery life/reliable software long term-wise, tech perks such as wireless/reverse/fast charging would be nice tho :)

Edit: Located in Czech Republic - Europe so getting either of those shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for your replies :)

3 minutes ago, sixsie said:

me, I'd love to buy a phone with great/good battery life/reliable software long term-wise, tech perks such as wireless/reverse/fast charging would be nice tho

Had a P30 Pro. Had a McLaren 6T.

The P30 was better in every way, there's no question. But I recommend you stick with a 6T because the P30 Pro is an insane ripoff (~C$1200 where I live) and the 6T is fast enough.

The P30 has a way better camera (zooms up to 50x) but the 6T's camera is decent.

Can't speak about battery life because I kept each phone for around 2 days before selling them (lol).

Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V || NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 || ASUS P6X58-E WS || Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) || ASUS STRIX GTX 770 || Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD || WD Green 1TB 3.5" HDD (7.2K RPM) || Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) || Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables || Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) || Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum || Logitech G27 Racing Wheel || Samsung 23.6" 1080p 60Hz PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) || CPU-Z Validation

11 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Had a P30 Pro. Had a McLaren 6T.

The P30 was better in every way, there's no question. But I recommend you stick with a 6T because the P30 Pro is an insane ripoff (~C$1200 where I live) and the 6T is fast enough.

The P30 has a way better camera (zooms up to 50x) but the 6T's camera is decent.

Can't speak about battery life because I kept each phone for around 2 days before selling them (lol).

I don't mind paying as long as i know im getting device that'll last me a while. I've stumbled across some posts saying huawei is not big on supporting their devices and not enabling bootloader unlocking so as far as i understand, once huawei decides they don't care anymore it's useless.

Also some saying 6t's sensor is barely working which would be kinda deal-breaker.. -if true though

Thanks for your reply though :)

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

It depends on where you Live. You cannot Use Huawei devices in the US with most carriers with the ban on them. OnePlus is on a few of the providers, so just be sure you can use the phone on your carrier.

Sorry, didn't mention that

I'm located in Czech Republic - Europe and as far as i know none of those two have any issues here.

Also my carrier is Vodafone

5 minutes ago, sixsie said:

Sorry, didn't mention that

I'm located in Czech Republic - Europe and as far as i know none of those two have any issues here.

Also my carrier is Vodafone

OP should work fine, Huawei is banned in some parts, available in others. Double check :)