Huawei P30 Pro vs. OnePlus 6t

sixsie

This is supposed to be my 1st android device switching from iPhone 6s and previously windows phones (Lumia 640, Omnia 7)

My main questions are:

1. Is it worth to pay $1000 instead of $590 for very similar specs + wireless charging ? Never had a chance to experience this.

2. How's Huawei's EMUI against OxygenOS in terms of software support/ general use ? - Don't really wanna buy a phone that will not be supported in 10 months :/

3. Is it true that the O6T's fingerprint scanner is still bad ? - I've read a lot of contradictory opinions

I'm not hardcore photographer therefore the great camera of P30 is a + not a must for me, I'd love to buy a phone with great/good battery life/reliable software long term-wise, tech perks such as wireless/reverse/fast charging would be nice tho :)

Edit: Located in Czech Republic - Europe so getting either of those shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for your replies :)

3 minutes ago, sixsie said:

me, I'd love to buy a phone with great/good battery life/reliable software long term-wise, tech perks such as wireless/reverse/fast charging would be nice tho

Had a P30 Pro. Had a McLaren 6T.

The P30 was better in every way, there's no question. But I recommend you stick with a 6T because the P30 Pro is an insane ripoff (~C$1200 where I live) and the 6T is fast enough.

The P30 has a way better camera (zooms up to 50x) but the 6T's camera is decent.

Can't speak about battery life because I kept each phone for around 2 days before selling them (lol).

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

11 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Had a P30 Pro. Had a McLaren 6T.

The P30 was better in every way, there's no question. But I recommend you stick with a 6T because the P30 Pro is an insane ripoff (~C$1200 where I live) and the 6T is fast enough.

The P30 has a way better camera (zooms up to 50x) but the 6T's camera is decent.

Can't speak about battery life because I kept each phone for around 2 days before selling them (lol).

I don't mind paying as long as i know im getting device that'll last me a while. I've stumbled across some posts saying huawei is not big on supporting their devices and not enabling bootloader unlocking so as far as i understand, once huawei decides they don't care anymore it's useless.

Also some saying 6t's sensor is barely working which would be kinda deal-breaker.. -if true though

Thanks for your reply though :)

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

It depends on where you Live. You cannot Use Huawei devices in the US with most carriers with the ban on them. OnePlus is on a few of the providers, so just be sure you can use the phone on your carrier.

Sorry, didn't mention that

I'm located in Czech Republic - Europe and as far as i know none of those two have any issues here.

Also my carrier is Vodafone

5 minutes ago, sixsie said:

Sorry, didn't mention that

I'm located in Czech Republic - Europe and as far as i know none of those two have any issues here.

Also my carrier is Vodafone

OP should work fine, Huawei is banned in some parts, available in others. Double check :)