Logitech g502 vs g703

Gohardgrandpa

I currently have the g502 and love the mouse but I like the idea of ditching the cord. Has anyone here gone from g502 to g703? If so how did you like it? 

I have bigger hands and palm grip the g502, thinking the g703 might be my best bet for wireless under $100 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

10 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I have the G703's earlier incarnation, the G603. I basically ditched my G502 after using the G603 for a day. I haven't had a problem with lag or anything like that.

How’s the battery life on that mouse and is the mouse itself big like the g502? 

I know the g603 is cheaper and I like that the battery isn’t built in. Is there a certain battery you use in yours? I’ve got a ton of rechargeable AA batteries at home 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I went from using a G500 for 8 years to a G403, I really hate that the G403 doesn't have onboard memory and I have to toggle from ""onboard memory" to "automatic game detection" inside of LGS if I put my computer into sleep mode. Other than that, it's better in every single way other than build quality.

I haven't met anyone who got a G703 and hasn't loved it. Just make sure to match it with a nice new mousepad for the best experience out of the box.

I would recommend not to buy a wireless mouse without the lightspeed tech in it like the G603 since it brings the input latency down to the level of a standard wired mouse instead of being multiple times slower.

3 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

How’s the battery life on that mouse and is the mouse itself big like the g502? 

I know the g603 is cheaper and I like that the battery isn’t built in. Is there a certain battery you use in yours? I’ve got a ton of rechargeable AA batteries at home 

If you have it on the "LO" setting, you tend to forget it has a battery. The Duracells it came with lasted probably a year or so before I changed them out for Eneloops (and they're still going)

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you have it on the "LO" setting, you tend to forget it has a battery. The Duracells it came with lasted probably a year or so before I changed them out for Eneloops (and they're still going)

How is the size of the 603 compared to the g502 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Feels more rounded out and fuller in my hand, but it's slight so it's still comfortable for long periods of time.

Thanks for the help, I just ordered it on amazon. I’ll see how it goes 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I went from the g502 to the g703. There is 0 lag, and the shape is really good. I highly recommend it.

I ordered the 603 for $55 then I scored a sweet deal on the g703 for $60. I’m gonna try them both and send one back. Thanks for the input everyone 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I got the mice in today and figured I’d throw out my 2 cents here 

I highly prefer the g703 over the G603. The buttons feel better, the rubber on the side grips my hand better and I like the black color better then the grey. 

I know the battery life is substantially worse on the g703 but plugging it in is not a issue for me.  Guess I’ll see how the battery holds up over time.

Size wise the mouse feels good, definitely different then the g502 that I used for so long before these. I have to change my grip a lot, the 502 had the thumb rest on the left and these do not but altering the grip is not a big deal and I got accustomed to it pretty quick. 

Gaming on this mouse was great, no noticeable lag that I can see at all. I played numerous rounds of Seige online, pub g and battlefield 5 with it today and gaming has been great. 

Overall I’m very happy with the g703 and I’m sending the G603 back tomorrow 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x