Ghosting and Response Time settings

Masteton
Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

if ur noticing what u think is ghosting at fast and fastest ,, thats almost certainly overshoot. Its about as annoying as ghosting. On fast and fastest ull have faster pixel response but transitions will tend to overshoot their intended color/brightness, causing the 'inverse' ghosting.

The 4ms speced response time could be anything, thats why it should be ignored in general when looking at monitor specs.

Chances are its a single measurement of a single color transition to a specific transition %, at a certain overdrive settings ..which though ,, we have no clue becouse the manufactures dont say.

As for what ur response time actually is, ull have to find a review that specifically tests pixel resposne, in the end though if u dont notice any ghosting on tis 'normal' settings, then, although it is likely ghosting, if u dont notice it all is well, and u really dont need to know the response time.

EDIT: since its VA (i think), chances are its ALOT more than 4ms, even at its fastest settings. VA's tend to be at fastest (top of the line models) 10ms, being a lower end model i'd expect to be 12ms + as a average of all pixel transition speeds.

So I have this c24f396fhu samsung freesync monitor and it has 3 levels of response time(standard, fast, fastest). When I use the fast and fastest option I experience some annoying ghosting in some games you get a headache.

The standard option is ok though. It's supposed to have 4ms response time, I guess this is the fastest option. So what is the response time in the standard option? I could find any information on this. 

if ur noticing what u think is ghosting at fast and fastest ,, thats almost certainly overshoot. Its about as annoying as ghosting. On fast and fastest ull have faster pixel response but transitions will tend to overshoot their intended color/brightness, causing the 'inverse' ghosting.

The 4ms speced response time could be anything, thats why it should be ignored in general when looking at monitor specs.

Chances are its a single measurement of a single color transition to a specific transition %, at a certain overdrive settings ..which though ,, we have no clue becouse the manufactures dont say.

As for what ur response time actually is, ull have to find a review that specifically tests pixel resposne, in the end though if u dont notice any ghosting on tis 'normal' settings, then, although it is likely ghosting, if u dont notice it all is well, and u really dont need to know the response time.

EDIT: since its VA (i think), chances are its ALOT more than 4ms, even at its fastest settings. VA's tend to be at fastest (top of the line models) 10ms, being a lower end model i'd expect to be 12ms + as a average of all pixel transition speeds.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |