Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayBee805

G sync tearing ...

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

I have a 1440p 144hz monitor (Asus pg279q) , I get tearing ? Isn’t g sync supposed to get rid of it ? 

Are you SURE its enabled?  What game are you playing?  What are your computer specs GPU CPU etc etc... 

 

You shouldnt experience any tearing with GSYNC or next to nothing if any..   Tearing happens when your frame rate is lower than your monitor refresh rate..   

 

When making a thread provide more information so people can better assist you.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

Are you SURE its enabled?  What game are you playing?  What are your computer specs GPU CPU etc etc... 

 

You shouldnt experience any tearing with GSYNC or next to nothing if any..   Tearing happens when your frame rate is lower than your monitor refresh rate..   

 

When making a thread provide more information so people can better assist you.

 

 

 

 

Sorry , my system is i9 9900k , evga 2080 ti XC , 16 gb ram 3600 cl18 .. I’m sure it’s enabled I will post pictures of the settings I have .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Sorry , my system is i9 9900k , evga 2080 ti XC , 16 gb ram 3600 cl18 .. I’m sure it’s enabled I will post pictures of the settings I have .. 

Check to ensure its actually enabled within the Monitor settings (Using the buttons on the monitor)  My Asus monitor (freesync) has to be turned on through the monitor then enabled in my AMD settings.

 

With a computer with those specs why would even bother using Gysnc I would be lowering my settings to achieve maximum frame rate as as long as your GPU is creating more than the 144hz of your monitor refresh rate you should not get any tearing at all.

 

Also by the looks of it your getting exactly 144-145 FPS which means that gsync is probably working as it should... Gsync will match the refresh rate to what your GPU is capabable of producing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Enable vertical sync in the control panel global settings, but leave it off in the game.

@JoostinOnline that seemed to have worked , idk why I thought it was supposed to have it off both in game and nvidia panel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayBee805 said:

@JoostinOnline that seemed to have worked , idk why I thought it was supposed to have it off both in game and nvidia panel 

You would think so. I had the same problem when I got a G-Sync monitor a few months ago.

 

If everything is working now, you should mark this as solved for future visitors.


Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You would think so. I had the same problem when I got a G-Sync monitor a few months ago.

 

If everything is working now, you should mark this as solved for future visitors.

Works for some games , for others like Witcher 3 both have to b off .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×