G sync tearing ...

JayBee805

I have a 1440p 144hz monitor (Asus pg279q) , I get tearing ? Isn’t g sync supposed to get rid of it ? 

6 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

I have a 1440p 144hz monitor (Asus pg279q) , I get tearing ? Isn’t g sync supposed to get rid of it ? 

Are you SURE its enabled?  What game are you playing?  What are your computer specs GPU CPU etc etc... 

You shouldnt experience any tearing with GSYNC or next to nothing if any..   Tearing happens when your frame rate is lower than your monitor refresh rate..   

When making a thread provide more information so people can better assist you.

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

Are you SURE its enabled?  What game are you playing?  What are your computer specs GPU CPU etc etc... 

You shouldnt experience any tearing with GSYNC or next to nothing if any..   Tearing happens when your frame rate is lower than your monitor refresh rate..   

When making a thread provide more information so people can better assist you.

Sorry , my system is i9 9900k , evga 2080 ti XC , 16 gb ram 3600 cl18 .. I’m sure it’s enabled I will post pictures of the settings I have .. 

6 minutes ago, JayBee805 said:

Sorry , my system is i9 9900k , evga 2080 ti XC , 16 gb ram 3600 cl18 .. I’m sure it’s enabled I will post pictures of the settings I have .. 

Check to ensure its actually enabled within the Monitor settings (Using the buttons on the monitor)  My Asus monitor (freesync) has to be turned on through the monitor then enabled in my AMD settings.

With a computer with those specs why would even bother using Gysnc I would be lowering my settings to achieve maximum frame rate as as long as your GPU is creating more than the 144hz of your monitor refresh rate you should not get any tearing at all.

Also by the looks of it your getting exactly 144-145 FPS which means that gsync is probably working as it should... Gsync will match the refresh rate to what your GPU is capabable of producing.

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Enable vertical sync in the control panel global settings, but leave it off in the game.

@JoostinOnline that seemed to have worked , idk why I thought it was supposed to have it off both in game and nvidia panel 

1 minute ago, JayBee805 said:

@JoostinOnline that seemed to have worked , idk why I thought it was supposed to have it off both in game and nvidia panel 

You would think so. I had the same problem when I got a G-Sync monitor a few months ago.

If everything is working now, you should mark this as solved for future visitors.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You would think so. I had the same problem when I got a G-Sync monitor a few months ago.

If everything is working now, you should mark this as solved for future visitors.

Works for some games , for others like Witcher 3 both have to b off ..