Which case?

Evolutiioz

I cant decide between 2 cases for my new build:

1) NZXT H500

2) Corsair Carbide 275R

What do you guys think?

CPU | Ryzen 7 3700x        GPU | MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 Super       Motherboard | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi        

Cooler | NZXT Kraken x62       Memory | 16GB (2x8GB) GSkill TridentZ RGB @3200MHz       Case | Phanteks Eclipse P400S TGE      

Storage | 2TB Seagate Barracude + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD       Power Supply | 750W Seasonic Focus Plus Gold

objectively the 275R has better airflow especially when you add fans onto it

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

objectively the 275R has better airflow especially when you add fans onto it

The only issue is you need an Alan key to unhook the tempered glass side panel.

Anyhow I say neither case is all that great, if you want a good case with a simular aethetic and decent airflow and price point I vote on the Phanteks Eclipse P300 if you are looking for a good white case for the price point.

I am taking that this is a black and white build based on both cases coming in white and I also take it this is based on price.

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Anyhow I say neither case is all that great, if you want a good case with a simular aethetic and decent airflow and price point I vote on the Phanteks Eclipse P300 if you are looking for a good white case for the price point.

I am taking that this is a black and white build based on both cases coming in white and I also take it this is based on price.

How about the P350X or P400S?

CPU | Ryzen 7 3700x        GPU | MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 Super       Motherboard | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi        

Cooler | NZXT Kraken x62       Memory | 16GB (2x8GB) GSkill TridentZ RGB @3200MHz       Case | Phanteks Eclipse P400S TGE      

Storage | 2TB Seagate Barracude + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD       Power Supply | 750W Seasonic Focus Plus Gold

The P350X is certainly my coice out of those two, I have the P400S but it does have airflow issues

20 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

The P350X is certainly my coice out of those two, I have the P400S but it does have airflow issues

Thanks for the help! ?

On 4/19/2019 at 5:31 PM, MadmanRB said:

I've heard its included in the little box of the case

On 4/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, MadmanRB said:

I have the P400S but it does have airflow issues

Same here, the case itself get hot when i'm gaming. Lately i've been looking around for another case with better airflow

19 hours ago, michaelbelgium said:

I've heard its included in the little box of the case

Same here, the case itself get hot when i'm gaming. Lately i've been looking around for another case with better airflow

Me i am experimenting, i already replaced the stock phanteks 120mm front fan with two 140mm phanteks static pressure fans.

This worked initially, as originally had a ASUS dual GTX 1060 6GB GPU and the max I ever hit before was around 60-65 as i never overlclocked that card or my CPU for that matter.

However things changed when I upgraded to a EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Ultra silent Gaming card, its meant to be overclocked so yes its going to cause some heat...
And again at first this wasn't an issue however when the hotter weather hit it started to become a bother.

I recently traded my Phanteks 140mm static pressure fans for the Metallcgear 140mm high airflow fans, this seems to have worked.

I originally got static pressure as some people said that for the P400S static pressure fans would be fine due to the airflow issues and high airflow fans would be useless.

But nope, I did change my fans and it seemed to have worked, I still have my older fans as I still may mount them to the top (the really nasty hot weather really hasnt kicked in yet) and I may even buy another high airflow fan for the year to see if that will resolve the issue.

I am not upset over the fans thing as honestly I didnt have too many good case fans laying around anyhow, had a bunch of cheapo 120mm fans that were loud and clunky so buying higher end fans isnt really a bother.

Even static pressure fans are good for something.

I mean there is always going to be trial and error with this sort of thing

On 4/21/2019 at 5:45 PM, MadmanRB said:

Me i am experimenting, i already replaced the stock phanteks 120mm front fan with two 140mm phanteks static pressure fans.

This worked initially, as originally had a ASUS dual GTX 1060 6GB GPU and the max I ever hit before was around 60-65 as i never overlclocked that card or my CPU for that matter.

However things changed when I upgraded to a EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Ultra silent Gaming card, its meant to be overclocked so yes its going to cause some heat...
And again at first this wasn't an issue however when the hotter weather hit it started to become a bother.

I recently traded my Phanteks 140mm static pressure fans for the Metallcgear 140mm high airflow fans, this seems to have worked.

I originally got static pressure as some people said that for the P400S static pressure fans would be fine due to the airflow issues and high airflow fans would be useless.

But nope, I did change my fans and it seemed to have worked, I still have my older fans as I still may mount them to the top (the really nasty hot weather really hasnt kicked in yet) and I may even buy another high airflow fan for the year to see if that will resolve the issue.

I am not upset over the fans thing as honestly I didnt have too many good case fans laying around anyhow, had a bunch of cheapo 120mm fans that were loud and clunky so buying higher end fans isnt really a bother.

Even static pressure fans are good for something.

I mean there is always going to be trial and error with this sort of thing

I replaced the stock fans too with corsair ML one's, got 2 at the front (intake, with radiator), one at the back and one on top of the back (both exhaust). They're way more quiet tahn the stock fans on my radiator. I feel like there's just not much air getting taken in from the front because the air can only come in from the top of the case at the front or the bottom of the case at the front. The 275R has more space for air to come on at both sides at the front and the nzxt 500 only one side. Hence why i'm tempting to get the 275R, its not even really needed but yeah, once u build a pc, u cant stop changing stuff ?