Fan Setup Question

C SPARTAN95

Hi All,

I bought this pc a while ago but have only just noticed the fan setup. So I have a Coolmaster Storm Enforcer case. This has a 200m fan at the front of the case, a rear 120m fan (which is not working). On my CPU I've got a cooler master hyper 103.

So just to clarify I'm not having any temp issues, this is more just a best practice question. The front fan has been setup to exhaust air, I always thought this should be intake. What are everyone's opinions on this?

P.s I realise the case it dusty, it is in the process of being cleaned.

General Specs:

i7-6700k 4ghz

16gb RAM

Corsair TX650

GTX 1080

CPU fan.png

Front fan.png

Yes it should be intake..flip it over and add another 2 120mm as an exhaust.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

32 minutes ago, C SPARTAN95 said:

8 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yes it should be intake..flip it over and add another 2 120mm as an exhaust.

It should be intake, but you'll probably have enough positive pressure that you won't need exhaust fans

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

It should be intake, but you'll probably have enough positive pressure that you won't need exhaust fans

His only 120mm fan at the back is dead.

Sure it is 200mm fan but it wont have enough pressure to act as an exhaust.

To top it off there is gpu inside who happen to be an aib not blower style so he definitely need an exhaust to have an optimal airflow.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I'd flip that front fan so that it functions as an intake (like it's supposed to do).  That will solve most of your dust problems as well. 

Ideally you'd want to replace that rear 120mm with one that works. 

If budget is an issue, remove the rear fan and let the front fan do all the work.  The case looks like it has sufficient ventilation at the back and top, so it should be able to get rid of quite a bit of heat without an active exhaust fan.

To clarify I have ordered a new 120mm. Thanks for the help all!

So actually to add onto this, the fan doesn't seem to be dead. It's current'y in sys fan on the motherboard. But if I connect it via molex adapter it works, so going to buy another adapter.

I'm still going to look at replacing the rear fan, maybe the CPU fan and look at getting a top exhaust fan. I've been looking at Noctua, does anyone have any suggestions? I was going to replace the 200mm as well but I don't think the Noctua fan would fit in the case due to the thicker fan casing.