IT training with work on completion in UK worth it?

In 2016 I left college with BTEC in network and hardware support along with a few modules towards the CCNA and a few other odd quals I can't remember. Been working in electronics for the past 12 years and fancy a bit of a change. I keep finding IT jobs with training courses, or rather training courses that come with work afterwards.

They ain't cheap but a lot offer repayments for the course only with earnings over 25 grand. I know what I'm doing, mostly, but 12 years out of date is going to be a big turn-off for any job I apply for. Starting at the bottom of the ladder as a junior or trainee isn't really an option as the travel costs will be quite high and earnings won't be much if anything above what I earn building welders. There's not really any "bottom of the ladder" type work within a decent distance of me, so will be travelling 50+ miles a day, possibly each way depending on where I find work. Given I currently work 2 miles from home, it will be a massive increase in costs.

Anyone had any experiance with these training companies, and is it actually worth the rather high costs for the guarenteed (and not minimum wage) work afterwards? I keep seeing mixed reviews and not really sure if it's worth the money and time.