Unexplainable (to me at least) game crashes

Hi,

I rebuilt my system recently, but now all my games crash, seemingly out of the blue. They will run fine for a few minutes, then freeze. Some will crash, others I have to kill in task manager. The games with this problem are: Battlefield V, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. All of them are running with graphics optimized by the Geforce Experience. What could be causing this freeze and crash across multiple games? 

While gaming:

CPU usage is around 70-80%, occasional short jumps to 95-100 %, with CPU temp at 60-70 C.

GPU temp at 67-8 C.

Memory usage is also fine. Nothing is overheating or getting overused.

Airflow in the case is good, with 3 in and 3 out fans plus the tower cooler on the CPU.

System specs:

Gigabyte RTX 2080,

Intel i9-9900k,

Aorus Z390 elite motherboard,

16 GB RAM,

2560x1140 144Hz Acer Predator monitor,

850 W PSU.

BF V runs of a 256 GB Samsung SSD, the rest of the games of a 500 GB optical drive. 

Thanks for any help :)

Solution:

Down-clocking the GPU and RAM by 100 each solved the crashes.

Edited by Lord_of_Chaos
Solution found

5 minutes ago, Lord_of_Chaos said:

Hi,

I rebuilt my system recently, but now all my games crash, seemingly out of the blue. They will run fine for a few minutes, then freeze. Some will crash, others I have to kill in task manager. The games with this problem are: Battlefield V, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. All of them are running with graphics optimized by the Geforce Experience. What could be causing this freeze and crash across multiple games? 

While gaming:

CPU usage is around 70-80%, occasional short jumps to 95-100 %, with CPU temp at 60-70 C.

GPU temp at 67-8 C.

Memory usage is also fine. Nothing is overheating or getting overused.

Airflow in the case is good, with 3 in and 3 out fans plus the tower cooler on the CPU.

System specs:

Gigabyte RTX 2080,

Intel i9-9900k,

Aorus Z390 elite motherboard,

16 GB RAM,

2560x1140 144Hz Acer Predator monitor,

850 W PSU.

BF V runs of a 256 GB Samsung SSD, the rest of the games of a 500 GB optical drive. 

Thanks for any help :)

why is your CPU usage that high?

i mean the 9900k is an 8 core 16 thread cpu so i cant see a reason for it to be maxing out

On 4/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, ki8aras said:

why is your CPU usage that high?

i mean the 9900k is an 8 core 16 thread cpu so i cant see a reason for it to be maxing out

BF V uses 60 % usually. It will sometimes spike to using 90 %. But as I said, these spike are short. They don't coincide with the crashes either.