Wireless Network Adapter with Ethernet instead of USB?

LamoidZombieDog

So Devices like the Xbox 360 Do not have wireless Networking In Them. this means you can plug in the device to ethernet or buy an over priced 60+ USD adapter that sends the wifi signal to an ethernet plug. What i am looking for (preferbly on Ebay) is for this same kind of device. One that takes wifi and puts it into an ethernet plug over a USB Plug. i want to get 2 of these, one for my xbox one for my Android Box. if it will cost over 20$ for the two then ill stick to my origional plan of taking a wifi range extender with 2 ports, and using those 2 ports to the two devices. just curious if anyone knows of this type of device thats not 60$ for an XBOX 360?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

I can assure you that xbox 360's are capable of wireless networking

And have you looked at something like powerline adapters?

EDIT: Unless for some reason you still have one of the OG 360's

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 hours ago, Slottr said:

I can assure you that xbox 360's are capable of wireless networking

And have you looked at something like powerline adapters?

EDIT: Unless for some reason you still have one of the OG 360's

i have a regular old White Xbox 360, probably one of the old OG ones it came with a 20GB drive, it has an ethernet port and nothing else. for wifi you need an adapter that snaps to the back of the device. it sounds like a Jet when its on, but id like to use it a little more

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Have you looked into Powerline? You could just buy a pair of powerline plugs and a 5 port switch and be wired that way. Just another option unless your wiring is really old or you're in an apartment or something.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Have you looked into Powerline? You could just buy a pair of powerline plugs and a 5 port switch and be wired that way. Just another option unless your wiring is really old or you're in an apartment or something.

my house is from 2014 Nothing is old, basically its in my bedroom. theres only one ethernet in the room and its under my desk. this is on the other side of the room under my TV. ive already found my answer. taking a wifi extender, and using the ethernet out port from it to connect the Xbox

If you have an Ethernet connection already in your room, just buy a cheap switch and some patch cables. why slow things down by going wireless?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

25 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

If you have an Ethernet connection already in your room, just buy a cheap switch and some patch cables. why slow things down by going wireless?

clearly no one understands the issue here. i have a switch. thats not what i want. i already figured out how to fix it anyways and its fine

and, its an OG xbox 360 from 2006 its not gonna be that fast anyways