Bad monitor power brick?

Gandek

I've been writing about my grey screen crash (while doing anything) on both my old Dell S2240M 60Hz monitor and new 144Hz Acer GN246HL i also upgraded my GPU from a R9 280 to a RX 570 and swapped out the PSU from a old CX600 to a newer CX550M + a new case :) . It happened a lot on my old monitor using its own power brick after a couple years of owning it 5+ years. I upgraded to a 144Hz Acer panel and I used the power brick that came with it. I also upgraded my GPU thinking it might have been the main issue since it was also old but guess I'l be able to reuse it for a future build no problem, same with my old PSU. 

Whenever the issue occurred I always had to restart my PC and tried unplugging the DVI-D connections on both ends as well with no go. Today I unplugged the power to the monitor and plugged it back in.. BAM everything is back to normal which is great since I won't have to reboot my PC anymore and mess up whatever i was doing at the time. The old power adapter from the Dell 60Hz had a higher rated output value compared to the one that came with the Acer 144Hz, should I try using that instead even though my old monitor still crashed?  

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

Since the new monitor has the same issue as the old one (if I'm understanding this correctly?) it would be a pretty incredible coincidence for the problem to be the monitor or it's power brick. Are you reusing the same DVI-D cable? You could try hooking it up with HDMI to see if the problem persists.

Another thought I've had is could it be a problem with your house's wiring? If you could plug, with the aid of an extension lead, the monitor into a socket connected to a different circuit breaker, and see if that is the problem.