Need help setting up a small server

Hi there I would like too get some help setup a server for a small business because I have no idea how to set one up i build a few PC' but not a file

Purpose of the server would be to store files,emais,and print

I need to give access to the 5 laptops that would connect wirelessly. Or wired if needed 

How can I set that up ?

Can I use my existing network?

How would I connect the server ?

Raid 1?

Which OS?

and what kind of spec would I need ?

any help would be greatly appreciated 

File servers are easy enough to set up, there are plenty of tutorials online, for more specific questions don't hesitate to ask. Do keep in mind however, that crucial data should be backed up (preferrably off site) regularly in case of catastrophic failure.

Print servers aren't too complicated either.

I'd always recommend using a hosted mail server, setting one up is difficult and there are many easy ways to mess something up. Plus even if you manage to configure everything correctly, chances are, that your mails will be flagged as spam for quite some time, because there's a sort of 'renown' system with mail servers and you'd start way at the bottom.

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Thanks for the reply 

Could I insert more HDD in raid(?) So if one drive fails I dont lose Data?

I need to use documents and store new ones every day, so I would need at least some kind of auto back up 

I'd urge you to check out Office365. It can host your mails, you get OneDrive for your file sharing needs, can get the newest Office versions for just a couple of bucks more and a ton of other options. No big investment needed, just a monthly subscription. It won't do a Print Server tho, but considering the state of print servers currently it's not that big of an issue.

20 hours ago, The Bosnian Gamer said:

Thanks for the reply 

Could I insert more HDD in raid(?) So if one drive fails I dont lose Data?

I need to use documents and store new ones every day, so I would need at least some kind of auto back up 

RAID helps with hardware failures, but it doesn't replace an (offiste) backup soltuion

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably