My internet speed is 150 MBPS but I'm getting only 100 MBPS

Gagan Dhanjal

I'm using a private internet connection in my area and they're providing me 150 MBPS internet speed, when I got it first time I was getting full 150 MBPS speed but now I'm getting only 100 MBPS even on dial up I'm getting same results and I'm using D-Link DIR 825 AC1200 Router and recently upgraded the firmware of it and even on 5ghz wifi I'm getting 100 mbps, any help would be so helpful for me and extremely sorry for my bad english. Thank youCapture.PNG.2f06e156518e347d094d9c47c5c8ddb6.PNG

Check the speed using an Ethernet Cable. If it is still 100Mbps, then complain and hope they fix it.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

I'm going to assume you're testing on a wireless device. Wireless is horribly inconsistent. Run some tests on an ethernet connection and see how that does.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

As mentioned: Try a wired connection, wireless sucks. Also that's just ISPs for ya :P

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

I use only wired connection on my desktop and they're saying that you have to reinstall windows but I don't think reinstalling the windows would fix the issue, if it's something wrong with my desktop or windows then why I'm getting 100 MBPS on 5ghz wifi ? I used to get 150 mbps also on the 5ghz wifi.

36 minutes ago, Gagan Dhanjal said:

I use only wired connection on my desktop and they're saying that you have to reinstall windows but I don't think reinstalling the windows would fix the issue, if it's something wrong with my desktop or windows then why I'm getting 100 MBPS on 5ghz wifi ? I used to get 150 mbps also on the 5ghz wifi.

Wifi Interference is EASY to create for 5G

Placing a Soda Can down in a certain spot not even near the router can affect throughput..

Even a Human body between the devices can do that.

As for Wired,... can't answer it, no1 here can if it's congestion/random/ISP related.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

make sure you're using correct grade of ethernet cables between your modem and the router. cat5 will simply not go over 100mbps. you will need cat5e or cat6 for that. also check if your router actually has gigabit enabled ports. I see plenty of cheaper routers, even with AC, that still only have 10/100 ports.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

My router is gigabit enabled and I used to get 150 mbps speed before so no worries about that and for ethernet cable I’m using cat7 cable and still no luck.

I had a similar issue.  It turned out to be the Killer Network driver from the on board NIC.  Within the software there is a section for setting the internet speed limits with a "go" button.  I had ran it prior to upgrading my internet, and it had locked my speed at the original (60down/5up).  After disabling that, i was getting the new speeds (150down/15 up)

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

any other devices connected? temp disable your wifi, and only have your test computer connected. get that a fair bit myself, complain they cant get there full speed, find out they have over 30 devices connected and some are taking up all the bandwidth.

Also make sure you have a proper ethernet cable using all 8 conductors in use.

The problem has been fixed, it was problem with their devices which are outside of my house now I'm getting full 150 MBPS download and upload. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, cheers!