2 Usage Problems

AnnaTheKitty

1. When I have Chrome upen for some reason when I go to my Task Manager it says that Chrome is using a lot of my power usage "Very High".
As well as a lot of my CPU(66%) for some reason which I don't understand why. Are there any settings I can change to fix this?

2. Also there is another problem I am seeing that is using a lot of my GPU...
They are called "Client Server Runtime Process" and "Desktop Window Manager"
Can you tell me what they do and if there is a way to disable them?

My computer specs just in case if this is important, this is my first post so I don't know what is needed or not to help you all.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 6-Core 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 10180 Ti SC Gaming Black Edition
  • RAM: - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3200 MHz

Extra specs just in case if this is important as well...

• CASE: NZXT 5H00 
  • CPU COOLING: NZXT Kraken X62
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
  • POWER SUPPLIES: Seasonic Focus Plus 750W Gold
  • SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
  • EXTRA: NZXT USB Expansion // AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 1080p 60FPS Capture // NZXT HUE 2 RGB LIGHTING KIT

Thing.PNG

OtherThing.PNG

Okay - first, Chrome is notorious for high CPU and RAM usage. 

- All that a high Power usage means is that a process has high CPU usage, and will therefore proportionately consume more power.  Higher CPU usage -> Higher power usage.  Fact of physics.

Second: Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager are integral parts of Windows - you wouldn't want to disable them.

- After some quick googling, I found that Client Server Runtime Process, according to HowToGeek:

[Client Server Runtime Process] this process is responsible for a few critical system functions in the background.

- Desktop Window Manager is responsible for making Windows look pretty.  If you disable it, you'll be transported all the way back to 2001 with no transparency effects or pretty reflections.  I would highly recommend leaving DWM running.

Good luck :)

On 3/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tad Bittoomuch said:

Okay - first, Chrome is notorious for high CPU and RAM usage. 

- All that a high Power usage means is that a process has high CPU usage, and will therefore proportionately consume more power.  Higher CPU usage -> Higher power usage.  Fact of physics.

Second: Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager are integral parts of Windows - you wouldn't want to disable them.

- After some quick googling, I found that Client Server Runtime Process, according to HowToGeek:

- Desktop Window Manager is responsible for making Windows look pretty.  If you disable it, you'll be transported all the way back to 2001 with no transparency effects or pretty reflections.  I would highly recommend leaving DWM running.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the info