New 144hz monitor causing fps drops

So I bought a new monitor which is 144hz g sync compatible and when I move my mouse in a 360 motion there are fps drops. I haven't been getting these types of stutters/ drops since my old 60hz monitor and am just wondering if anyone knows of why this is happening. My gpu is a GTX 1060 and would gladly appreciate any feedback anyone has on this problem.

CPU/RAM/3 or 6gb 1060/Resolution/Game/Settings on game/driver issue/monitor model/FPS before and after/ average FPS drop?

You've really given us very little help you with.

Honestly it just sounds like that you always had these frame drops, its just that you're now sensitive to it because you now have a display which makes you aware once the FPS drops below 144, it's a massive jump from 60 to 144. I'd suggest dropping your resolution and game settings and see if that helps.

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

Cpu is i7 3770k, gtx 1060 6gb, 1920 x 1080 res, low settimgs with epic view distance, latest driver issue, acer predator xb241h monitor, fps goes from 200 down to 80 in game, avg fps drop is about 50 frames. And i have never experiences this type of fps drop from using a 60hz monitor while i play games.