Cpu needs to restart 3 times to boot properly

I'm facing this problem from a while now yet i don't know to reason and how to solve it. On windows 10. My pc when plugin and started it shows windows logo and rotating circle down like normal windows startup but after that it shows black screen then I've to switch off directly from the plug then repeating this step again and again switch off the 3rd time It boot it shows the system repair screen so after that I restart from that screen it boots normally.

Everyday I've to do this to use my pc I don't know the reason I'm worried that my hard drive doesn't go off because off starting it several times.

If somebody have faced this problem and have a solution pls tell me.

Thank you,

third time's the charm :P

is this an overclocked system? Or else it could be a corrupted drive half-breaking the OS.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

What Hardware are you using?
What PSU?  How old?

What do the SMART Values of the HDD look like??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

third time's the charm :P

is this an overclocked system? Or else it could be a corrupted drive half-breaking the OS.

5 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What Hardware are you using?
What PSU?  How old?

What do the SMART Values of the HDD look like??

Actually my system is pretty old and actually I once overclocked and used for 1 week after that I thought I don't need a overclocked cpu so I didn't after that but I think the problem started from there ig and it didn't happened in windows 7 but the problem is in windows 10.

Should I reinstall the OS and can I reinstall it without erasing data?

My pc specs very very old

Cpu : core 2 duo e7400

Gpu : gt 210

Ram : 4gb

PSU : don't know but I'll check if you want

HDD : 250gb

Connected to two display through vga and hdmi

I don't know about smart values but smart capability is disabled showed when booting and once I enabled it but didn't see any difference so it's disabled now. Thanks 

If you unplug your psu every day and plug again (or use main psu power button) then you probably broke your PSU. Don't do that - shutdown system is enough.

13 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If you unplug your psu every day and plug again (or use main psu power button) then you probably broke your PSU. Don't do that - shutdown system is enough.

Yeah I only shutdown the system by switching off the main switch without that I can't shutdown the cpu.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

not true

depends on how long its disconnected.

If you do it right it might actually help...

But you have to disconnect the PSU for a long period of time (IMO at leat 8h or more)

1 hour ago, Kunalavhad74 said:

My pc specs very very old

Cpu : core 2 duo e7400

Gpu : gt 210

Ram : 4gb

PSU : don't know but I'll check if you want

HDD : 250gb

Connected to two display through vga and hdmi

I don't know about smart values but smart capability is disabled showed when booting and once I enabled it but didn't see any difference so it's disabled now. Thanks 

Yeah, something old.

So the first thing to look at might be the PSU...

The capacitors might be dying, wich is bad for the Hardware so I think you should look at a replacement of that.

But after its everything.

Where do you live?
What's available??

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

not true

But you have to disconnect the PSU for a long period of time (IMO at leat 8h or more)

Yeah, something old.

(...)

The capacitors might be dying (...)

True, based on my experienced at least. And you can search for that on internet.

Every time you switch power, even after 8 hours, you might experience power spike that is bad for your capacitors. The more you plug and unplug, the worse it becomes.

All people I know who has PSU failed, disconnects their PSU very often, because they think that it "might acutally help".

On 3/15/2019 at 1:37 PM, Stefan Payne said:

not true

Yeah, something old.

The capacitors might be dying, wich is bad for the Hardware so I think you should look at a replacement of that.

But after its everything.

Where do you live?
What's available??

I'm from Mumbai India, I mean if PSU is the problem then my pc shouldn't boot at first time and show the windows logo 

And sorry I forgot to tell you if I freshly start my pc then windows logo come after that black screen 

If I give my pc time and not do anything on black screen it boots but takes very long time atleast, half hour or 1 hour to show profile and password screen.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Kunalavhad74 said:

I'm from Mumbai India, I mean if PSU is the problem then my pc shouldn't boot at first time and show the windows logo 

Not true.

If the Caps are dying and the ESR is shit in that situation, it takes a couple of seconds/minutes to get them to temperature.

With them beeing "warm"; they are then good enough so that the Voltages are somewhat stableish and the PC starts without issues.

It sounds weird but that is a classic failure mode of a PSU. Though its totally possible that due to bad voltages the Rest was a bit stressed and dying too...

So it could be the MoBo as well. Or rather MoBo + PSU...

On 3/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Not true.

If the Caps are dying and the ESR is shit in that situation, it takes a couple of seconds/minutes to get them to temperature.

With them beeing "warm"; they are then good enough so that the Voltages are somewhat stableish and the PC starts without issues.

It sounds weird but that is a classic failure mode of a PSU. Though its totally possible that due to bad voltages the Rest was a bit stressed and dying too...

So it could be the MoBo as well. Or rather MoBo + PSU...

a lot of problems then, now I'll have to change mobo+psu and I was thinking to change CPU as well so better change the whole system, and thanks for all the help. 

Tbh with the specs you have, realistically you'll need pretty much an entirely new PC.

The RAM you have won't fit the new board either, so you'll need new RAM, Mobo, CPU & PSU.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet