Borderlands 3 likely an Epic exclusive

Andreas Lilja

Okay and this is an issue why? Devs deserve more of the profit made from games than what Steam offers. Also the Steam storefront has become a mess that is getting worse.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

18 minutes ago, KingCry said:

Also the Steam storefront has become a mess that is getting worse.

Still better than Epic's store, though. Steam does stuff like e.g. allowing people to review the games, offers forums for people to discuss about them, supports more platforms than just Windows, and Valve is actually constantly working on Proton to try and make gaming on alternative platforms better. All of these things are important to me and I, at least, prefer to support a company that tries to make gaming better for everyone, regardless of the platform.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

25 minutes ago, KingCry said:

Okay and this is an issue why? Devs deserve more of the profit made from games than what Steam offers. Also the Steam storefront has become a mess that is getting worse.

Besides the dozens of missing features? Mostly better security.

Sure they're getting money, it's dumping. Epic is obviously selling at either razor thin margins or at a a loss because Fortnite compensates.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Still better than Epic's store, though. Steam does stuff like e.g. allowing people to review the games, offers forums for people to discuss about them, supports more platforms than just Windows, and Valve is actually constantly working on Proton to try and make gaming on alternative platforms better. All of these things are important to me and I, at least, prefer to support a company that tries to make gaming better for everyone, regardless of the platform.

I would rather support the devs of a game rather than a company that doesn't do much in my own eyes. Why Proton is GREAT for linux users. I would still rather support a dev more myself.

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Besides the dozens of missing features? Mostly better security and actual refunds.

Sure they're getting money, it's dumping. Epic is obviously selling at either razor thin margins or at a a loss because Fortnite compensates.

Security is understandable. But refunds I never found the point of, as your purchasing a digital item. That would be like asking for a refund for paper towels after you have used them all up cause you "didn't like them". At least in my eyes I see it like that. The "missing features" I don't see any issue with as 99% of the features any other launcher or game client offers I don't use myself as I just click play and enjoy my game.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Besides the dozens of missing features? Mostly better security and actual refunds.

Steam is rolling in cash because of how much money they make for doing so little. There will be hate for Epics launcher at the start but as they continue to grow they'll develop it further and people will become accustomed to it. Exact same thing happened when Steam came out. Exact same thing happened when every other launcher came out.

10 minutes ago, KingCry said:

I would rather support the devs of a game rather than a company that doesn't do much in my own eyes. Why Proton is GREAT for linux users. I would still rather support a dev more myself.

That's your prerogative. I just don't see the need to go to bat for devs like that, they're still making enough money to survive and, if they aren't, that's pretty much always of their own doing -- either the game sucks, or the devs' are asses, they don't know how to manage their financials or stuff like that. I don't stand to gain anything from buying their games, other than maybe them making a sequel in the future, which may or may not be worth even buying.

Gamers, on the other hand, are always getting the shaft everywhere and both I and everyone else stand to gain from things like Proton and such.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Kami said:

Exact same thing happened when every other launcher came out.

Not really. UPlay, for example, is still a barren wasteland. Sure, it's less buggy than it was, but other than that, it hasn't gotten any better than it was.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's your prerogative. I just don't see the need to go to bat for devs like that, they're still making enough money to survive and, if they aren't, that's pretty much always of their own doing -- either the game sucks, or the devs' are asses, they don't know how to manage their financial or stuff like that. I don't stand to gain anything from buying their games, other than maybe them making a sequel in the future, which may or may not be worth even buying.

Gamers, on the other hand, are always getting the shaft everywhere and both I and everyone else stand to gain from things Proton and such.

Gamers have been getting shafted since the dawn of gaming, that will never change. It flat out will never change, it will improve but never be abolished. Something will get really bad again (DRM, Exclusives, Optimization, Poor Ports, Lack of Support, ect.) 

But supporting devs to me is I guess important as I watched a number of studios that made some of my favorite games when I was child slowly vanish into thin air due will mainly to poor sales not allowing enough profit to keep people employed and keep the studio open. I look at that as "Someone worked to produce this, this is someones job. If they lose that job it could be financially crippling to someone."

|King Of The Lost|

2 minutes ago, KingCry said:

Gamers have been getting shafted since the dawn of gaming, that will never change.

So one shouldn't even try?

Just now, WereCatf said:

So one shouldn't even try?

One can always try to improve but something or someone will ruin it and send it back peddling while still leaving those improvements in place and leaving more issues and problems to face down the road.

|King Of The Lost|

Just now, KingCry said:

One can always try to improve but something or someone will ruin it and send it back peddling while still leaving those improvements in place and leaving more issues and problems to face down the road.

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, Paranoid Kami said:

Steam is rolling in cash because of how much money they make for doing so little. There will be hate for Epics launcher at the start but as they continue to grow they'll develop it further and people will become accustomed to it. Exact same thing happened when Steam came out. Exact same thing happened when every other launcher came out.

They deserved the credit. Steam platform itself has much more features than others, including Epic, Origin, Uplay.

I'm ok if the game is available on all platforms so we have the freedom to choose where to buy it from.

Not that worried about it.  It is a PC, so I don't have to buy new hardware like a console exclusive.

Of course there's nothing to worry about it. It's just annoying to have many apps

Currently I have Battlenet, Origin, Steam. I will uninstall Battlenet soon since I dun play CoD BO4 anymore.

I don't like having many apps as well. Battle net somehow grew on me, but it's doesn't even come close comparing to what steam offers. Another point is I think steam is better or smaller devs that want to get publicity, game recommendations that are offered to be based on what I play do offer games that I wouldn't find anywhere by myself.

if its exclusive to Epic, i will be getting BL3 from codex

I refuse to support epics anti-consumer practices.

its one thing to EA to have ea games exclusively on origin, and ubisoft to have ubisoft games exclusively on uplay, and fortnite to be exclusive to epics launcher.  but its another thing entirely to have an IP that you dont own, exclusive to your platform, and for the contract to state you cant release it on other platforms for x amount of time.

between the lack of support, lack of forum/community, refund process designed to avoid giving you back your money, complete negligence of security, selling your data, being owned by tencent, hypocrisy, ability for devs to suppress any kind of reviews for their games, admitted hatred for the PC community. Epic games is a cancer on the gaming industry.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NoExclusiveGames/discussions/0/1796278072844560561/

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.