Asus ROG Strix 2080ti Watercooled OC vs Msi Rtx 2080Ti Gaming X Trio Fan Cooled OC

AzureShadow

Hey im having a hard choice deciding whether I should go with a Strix or Trio 2080Ti. My question is if a EKWB custom loop cooled strix be able to overclock higher than a fan cooled Gaming X Trio? EKWB doesnt seem to have a waterblock for the Gaming X Trio and they dont seem to have any news about it.

1 minute ago, AzureShadow said:

Hey im having a hard choice deciding whether I should go with a Strix or Trio 2080Ti. My question is if a EKWB custom loop cooled strix be able to overclock higher than a fan cooled Gaming X Trio? EKWB doesnt seem to have a waterblock for the Gaming X Trio and they dont seem to have any news about it.

What is the rest of your build? If you have high rpm case fans, I would go for water cooling.

Yes, the strix has a better PCB so adding water cooling just widens the gap.

3 minutes ago, A Lini said:

Yes, the strix has a better PCB so adding water cooling just widens the gap.

I’ve been watching reviews and the Trio always performs better than the strix? Like in benchmark scores and even fps in games under the same processor,ram e.t.c

I think that is due to a better cooler, because the Strix has a slightly better PCB

16 minutes ago, averagebilly said:

What is the rest of your build? If you have high rpm case fans, I would go for water cooling.

high rpm fans doesn't mean that the loop will be cooled better. That's why static pressure fans are better for.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu