Powerbanks with highest capacity / weight ratio?

Lapsio
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
52 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

Yeah the problem is I saw few ultra light powerbanks like 300g 20k mAh which sounds a bit like scam considering that there are 480g 20k mAh powerbanks... I'm not sure what is "legit" capacity density.

Yeah, better to err on the side of "the heavier, the less likely a scam" -- especially Chinamen absolutely love to lie about these things. You can find plenty of powerbanks on e.g. eBay that claim 100Ah capacity or more in an iPhone-sized bank, or 18650 cells that claim 9Ah capacity.

Like @Slottr there said, Anker is one of the more well-known, trustworthy manufacturers, so their offering are at least worth taking a peek at.

Hello. I'm looking for powerbanks with highest capacity per weight ratio. 20 000 mAh or bigger. Preferably with dedicated quick charger (quick charging of powerbank itself, not phone). Are there any ranks that take into account capacity / weight ratio? I'm interested in capacity / weight since I would probably buy either 2 or 3 smaller or 1 bigger.

I'm using Asus ZenPhone 3 which allows only proprietary charger to quick charge so it doesn't matter for me whether powerbank can quick charge phone or not. I'm using whole my current Omega 10 000 mAh powerbank a day so it's important that it could charge over 4-6h night (sometimes I don't get much sleep) as my current 10k mAh powerbank not only can't keep up whole day but also charges over 8h so sometimes it doesn't manage to fully charge over night.

15 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

I'm looking for powerbanks with highest capacity per weight ratio

There is very little difference in any of them simply due to how li-ion works. About maximum we know how to pack into a regular li-ion 18650-cell is 3400mAh, with 3000mAh per cell being more common, and that's what most good-quality powerbanks use. There is (currently) no way of packing more juice into a 18650-sized cell, so that is the cap and that obviously sets the cap for capacity / weight ratio of powerbanks as well.

It makes more sense to just look for one that meets your capacity - requirement and features and forget the whole capacity / weight ratio.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

There is very little difference in any of them simply due to how li-ion works. About maximum we know how to pack into a regular li-ion 18650-cell is 3400mAh, with 3000mAh per cell being more common, and that's what most good-quality powerbanks use. There is (currently) no way of packing more juice into a 18650-sized cell, so that is the cap and that obviously sets the cap for capacity / weight ratio of powerbanks as well.

It makes more sense to just look for one that meets your capacity - requirement and features and forget the whole capacity / weight ratio.

Yeah the problem is I saw few ultra light powerbanks like 300g 20k mAh which sounds a bit like scam considering that there are 480g 20k mAh powerbanks... I'm not sure what is "legit" capacity density.

52 minutes ago, Lapsio said:

Yeah, better to err on the side of "the heavier, the less likely a scam" -- especially Chinamen absolutely love to lie about these things. You can find plenty of powerbanks on e.g. eBay that claim 100Ah capacity or more in an iPhone-sized bank, or 18650 cells that claim 9Ah capacity.

Like @Slottr there said, Anker is one of the more well-known, trustworthy manufacturers, so their offering are at least worth taking a peek at.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Ok so I ordered this:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With dual USB 24W charger also from Anker. According to specs it should charge in around 6h so it's acceptable. Also price sounds fair so I guess it's good to go. Unfortunately it weights almost 500g so it sounds like quite a lot comparing to 300g "20 000 mAh" powerbanks by some no-name brands but at least it will charge fast and be legit. I like that Anker specifies capacity in mWh which is actual capacity spec rather than mAh which can be whatever manufacturer wants depending on how many fine prints regarding voltage will be put in manual.