Question, Im a noob.

TatorKing

So, this is probably a stupid question but I am new to building my own setups, etc. I have my own setup, and I already have dual monitors connected to both output slots on my graphics card. However, the question is, would it work to hook up a cable to motherboards on-board output and run a 3rd monitor with it? I don't need anything fancy. Just to view google chrome and switch tabs while in a game.

My PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen A320 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 micro-ATX Motherboard (A320M PRO-VH PLUS)

G.SKILL Value Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C19D-16GNT

GeForce 1030

Just now, TatorKing said:

So, this is probably a stupid question but I am new to building my own setups, etc. I have my own setup, and I already have dual monitors connected to both output slots on my graphics card. However, the question is, would it work to hook up a cable to motherboards on-board output and run a 3rd monitor with it? I don't need anything fancy. Just to view google chrome and switch tabs while in a game.

My PC:

MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen A320 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 micro-ATX Motherboard (A320M PRO-VH PLUS)

G.SKILL Value Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C19D-16GNT

GeForce 1030

no, that should work.

2 hours ago, CodeNova said:

no, that should work.

I just tried it out, I hooked it up via HDMI, however, it wont detect the monitor. Any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, TatorKing said:

I just tried it out, I hooked it up via HDMI, however, it wont detect the monitor. Any suggestions?

hop into your bios and see if there a setting to enable onboard graphics. make sure you have your integrated graphics drivers installed.

Just now, CodeNova said:

hop into your bios and see if there a setting to enable onboard graphics. make use you have your integrated graphics drivers installed.

but, if I do that, won't it affect me currently running my other two displays off my graphics card?

but, if I do that, won't it affect me currently running my other two displays off my graphics card?

I'm not 100% but I don't think it will.

Just now, CodeNova said:

Cool. Let me go find the drivers.

52 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

BIOS Updated, all drivers updated, and did not see any onboard graphics option inside the BIOS and windows still wont detect 3rd monitor.

1 minute ago, TatorKing said:

BIOS Updated, all drivers updated, and did not see any onboard graphics option inside the BIOS and windows still wont detect 3rd monitor.

What mother board and processor are you using? I probably should have asked you this to begin with.

Edit: never mind, im stupid lol

Just now, CodeNova said:

What mother board and processor are you using? I probably should have asked you this to begin with.

5 minutes ago, TatorKing said:

do you see anything in your bios like "pci-e" or "primary graphics adapter"?

Just now, CodeNova said:

do you see anything in your bios like "pci-e" or "primary graphics adapter"?

I think I did see it say adapter, everything I typed in I believe it said 'Auto' should I do 'forced'?

I think I did see it say adapter, everything I typed in I believe it said 'Auto' should I do 'forced'?

you could try forced, I can't seem to find a picture of your bios online, so I'm not 100% sure.

Just now, CodeNova said:

you could try forced, I can't seem to find a picture of your bios online, so I'm not 100% sure.

Alright, let me try forced and pray it doesnt mess up. Lol

2 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

Forced did nothing

check to see if the display is recognized in your display properties.

Just now, CodeNova said:

check to see if the display is recognized in your display properties.

Like, the display settings and press 'detect'? I've never used 'display properties' before

4 minutes ago, TatorKing said:

Like, the display settings and press 'detect'? I've never used 'display properties' before

mhmm, double check that your monitor is plugged in and powered on.

Just now, CodeNova said:

mhmm, double check that your monitor is plugged in and powered on.

Def. powered on, I keep switching it's two HDMI ports it has to test them. Keeps not detecting

7 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

this might help you a little bit too

Sadly, it was already enabled. Didnt work :(

1 minute ago, TatorKing said:

Sadly, it was already enabled. Didnt work :(

Try connecting only one monitor to the motherboard hdmi port of the motherboard, and leave the other two unplugged. Are you sure the 3rd monitor works?

2 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

Try connecting only one monitor to the motherboard hdmi port of the motherboard, and leave the other two unplugged. Are you sure the 3rd monitor works?

Positive, it's a perfect monitor. The only reason I didnt use it is because it cant be mounted

12 minutes ago, CodeNova said:

I actually just found this error in Device Manager, '

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

6 minutes ago, TatorKing said:

I actually just found this error in Device Manager, '

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

you could try reinstalling the drivers again.

MSI live updates, might be something to look into