Keyboard virus

So bought a Razer Blade Stealth 2017 a week ago. Everything went fine, I installed some school programs. Then today, my keyboard goes completely nuts. It starts typing seemingly random characters very rapidly without me touching the keyboard. The problem persists after rebooting, and having reset windows completely. It even starts typing at the login screen. I've also been unsuccessful in booting in safe mode, as it still presses keys in the menu. Some keys also don't work, (1, 6, 9, p, o, backspace) It happened a little after I downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 edition from the windows store, and Greenshot from their official website, which I've had on my old computer without problems. I suspect Greenshot could have been infected. It makes the laptop pretty much useless. 

Does anybody know what it could be and what to do?

IMG_20190307_191725.jpg

Do you know if any liquid got spilled on the keyboard?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

So the keyboard still works? What if you plug in an external keyboard?

9 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Do you know if any liquid got spilled on the keyboard?

No liquid has been spilled or been near the keyboard

10 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

So the keyboard still works? What if you plug in an external keyboard?

Some keys doesn't work. Just tried putting in an external keyboard. The keys that didn't work on the built in, works fine on the external. Rebooting the pc, it still goes ham in the login field. In notepad the crazy typing seems to have halted, though it starts doing it on and off at random. Still the same keys on the built in keyboard doesn't work

1 minute ago, manporg said:

Some keys doesn't work. Just tried putting in an external keyboard. The keys that didn't work on the built in, works fine on the external. Rebooting the pc, it still goes ham in the login field. In notepad the crazy typing seems to have halted, though it starts doing it on and off at random. Still the same keys on the built in keyboard doesn't work

If you think it's a virus or malware, try and run a scan with some security software. Also, is there uncontrollable keyboard input outside the OS? Like in installation media or something.

A girl who loves to love.

5 minutes ago, Aimi said:

If you think it's a virus or malware, try and run a scan with some security software. Also, is there uncontrollable keyboard input outside the OS? Like in installation media or something.

I've tried running a scan with the built in Windows virus scanner and Malwarebytes. My number and F keys seem to be disabled in the menu with secure boot, making me unable to choose an option, but plugging in an external keyboard, I managed to reboot in secure mode. The problem still persist in safe mode. 

1 minute ago, manporg said:

I've tried running a scan with the built in Windows virus scanner and Malwarebytes. My number and F keys seem to be disabled in the menu with secure boot, making me unable to choose an option, but plugging in an external keyboard, I managed to reboot in secure mode. The problem still persist in safe mode. 

Sounds like a hardware fault, you shouldn't have any issues with warranty considering you just recently made the purchase.

A girl who loves to love.

Update! After having been sitting still in safemode, the problem suddenly stopped. I haven't rebooted it, so I was in the same instance of safe mode when the problem was there as when it stopped. The keys work again, and works fine in normal windows mode. If the problem pops op again, I don't know. Though I'm a bit worried that whatever caused it, still is in the pc somewhere and can do more than mess with my keyboard. It could have been a prank script that has run through now, but it seems more fishy as it was such a deep level.

18 minutes ago, manporg said:

Update! After having been sitting still in safemode, the problem suddenly stopped. I haven't rebooted it, so I was in the same instance of safe mode when the problem was there as when it stopped. The keys work again, and works fine in normal windows mode. If the problem pops op again, I don't know. Though I'm a bit worried that whatever caused it, still is in the pc somewhere and can do more than mess with my keyboard. It could have been a prank script that has run through now, but it seems more fishy as it was such a deep level.

Ok... It's back again...