Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nicnac

New Old Rig HP Compaq SFF

Posted · Original PosterOP

Not much of a build log but I finally wanted to show you guys my latest addition.

It's an HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF pc I got used on the cheap and threw a low profile 1050ti in.

For the lolz I did a quick heaven benchmark:

heaven1.PNG.b32b960c377e6f6719251bc4f828bf04.PNG

I mostly play Warframe, Warthunder, Cities: Skylines and sometimes cs:go

For all that it's pretty much perfect.

I also love that it's sff though I already feel the limitations of the system.

Currently I am trying to source some more sata power cables ( The whole psu and cabling is proprietary which is quite a pain in the butt) to replace the third hdd with two more ssds.

I also hope that psu is gonna last me a while...

here's some pics:

1198149354_Foto03_03.19164823.thumb.jpg.f03b51fcd5c405902dbcbbea1222a82a.jpg

544778929_Foto03_03.19164912.jpg.9dde53138ca72133f98e61aaab09e0cf.jpg

sorry for the incredibly shitty pics (I HAV AN IPHONE GODDAMMIT)... was a pretty gloomy day today so not much light lol plus I don't rly care :P

I really like that everything is quick release about it: starting with the side panel handle and then moving on to every little green arrow you can see :)

Also that Galax/KFA2 low profile card is hella cute.

That one single fan does a pretty decent job tbh. Much better than I expected. with 39dB under load it's much more quiet than my fridge lol.

Overall I am pretty happy with it. It's a great little machine and I can easily take it with me.

No potential for OC however, as I think I'm already pushing that little 260W psu a bit ^^

where my sff gang at?

New Rig yay

My Folding Stats

amen brother, yi yi !

X  Vigilo Confido  X

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

No potential for OC however, as I think I'm already pushing that little 260W psu a bit ^^

Oh definitely not, this is a 150 watt load at the very most, you've got some OC headroom for sure.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

Just now, fasauceome said:

Oh definitely not, this is a 150 watt pull at the very most, you've got some OC headroom for sure.

yea I just like playing it safe ^^

getting a replacement unit would be a pain in the butt and redoing the cabling of a standard psu even more so....

New Rig yay

My Folding Stats

amen brother, yi yi !

X  Vigilo Confido  X

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

yea I just like playing it safe ^^

getting a replacement unit would be a pain in the butt and redoing the cabling of a standard psu even more so....

Well, GPU boost is likely doing all it can anyways. What does your graphics card turbo to natively?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Just now, fasauceome said:

Well, GPU boost is likely doing all it can anyways. What does your graphics card turbo to natively?

1923mHZ I believe. At least that's what heaven runs it at. I don't have afterburner installed yet.

New Rig yay

My Folding Stats

amen brother, yi yi !

X  Vigilo Confido  X

Just now, Nicnac said:

@fasauceome from my experience that 1050 ti is not an exciting overclocker anyways :/

2GHz is about where Pascal stops, so it's probably pulling the full 75 watts it's able to.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6: