Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CCouper05

Desktop moves to second monitor when a game is in fullscreen.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i am running a dual monitor display. My main monitor is a 4K IPS LG monitor, and the second monitor is a 1080P BenQ TN monitor. They work fine, but everytime i try to run a game on the main monitor with the monitor set to its native resolution on windows, My main desktop moves from the main monitor to the second one. All of the Desktop icons, Cortana search bar, and apps running on the main monitor, bar the game, move to the second monitor. Doesn't matter if the monitor is set to 4K or 1440p. It works fine with both running in 1080p, but i would like to run the main monitor at 4k so that i can watch 4K content on Youtube and other services. I'll leave two images to help get a better understanding of what my issue is. If anyone knows about what's causing this issue or have had this issue before, please let me know.

Desktop.png

20190223_001417.jpg

I believe this is intended, not a bug.

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 1700 (8c/16t), MSI B350 Tomahawk, NDH 15, T-Force Delta RGB 16GB, Asus ROG STRIX RX-580, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crucial MX-300 1.05TB, 8TB WD Red/White, Corsair CX 750

School Laptop: Early 2014 Macbook Air. Intel i5-4260U, 4GB RAM, 128GB Apple PCI-E SSD, Intel HD Graphics 5000

Phone: iPhone XS Max 64GB: A12 Bionic. 4GB RAM, 6.5-inch 2,688 x 1,242 OLED, 3,174 mAh 

Wearables: Sony 1000XM2

Random devices in various stages of working: Dell Inspiron 1000 (Works perfect other than battery), Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody (For Sale), Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Spoiler

"Love is a bitch with a blindfold"