Need help / suggestions for my girlfriend's birthday present.

Sorry to trouble everyone, I'm still kind of a new builder so not very good at planning builds. I need to plan a system for my girlfriend's birthday present, I need a heavy cpu usage for her work and able to play most games at 1080p 80 - 100 frames. My budget is at usd $1800.00 for system and $500 for (keyboard, mouse and monitor) please don't go intel as they are overpriced in Singapore. 

She shows interest in these games, 

Smite, Battlefield 5, Overwatch, Transformers the game, plants vs zombies, World of Tanks. 

Ps : m-atx or m-itx appreciated 

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

I would go with something like this.. I'm not sure what's available there but make sure you get a decent power supply. If you're only playing at 1080p then the RX 580 is fine but you can upgrade that to the 2060 of you want higher FPS.. I also don't know what displays are available to you so you can just pick that out yourself.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

3 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I would go with something like this.. I'm not sure what's available there but make sure you get a decent power supply. If you're only playing at 1080p then the RX 580 is fine but you can upgrade that to the 2060 of you want higher FPS.. I also don't know what displays are available to you so you can just pick that out yourself.. 

She likes the AOC 1080p 144hrz 2sec gaming 24 inch matte black monitor with red leds, so I'll most likely to get that for her gaming and a 4k monitor for her work. 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

27 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

She likes the AOC 1080p 144hrz 2sec gaming 24 inch matte black monitor with red leds, so I'll most likely to get that for her gaming and a 4k monitor for her work. 

So grab the 2060, it will give you better performance for longer.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

Sorry to trouble everyone, I'm still kind of a new builder so not very good at planning builds. I need to plan a system for my girlfriend's birthday present, I need a heavy cpu usage for her work and able to play most games at 1080p 80 - 100 frames. My budget is at usd $1800.00 for system and $500 for (keyboard, mouse and monitor) please don't go intel as they are overpriced in Singapore. 

Smite, Battlefield 5, Overwatch, Transformers the game, plants vs zombies, World of Tanks. 

You're in singapore, not the US. Don't change your budget to fit other countries, it just misleads anyone trying to help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

You're in singapore, not the US. Don't change your budget to fit other countries, it just misleads anyone trying to help.

I didn't change the budget I just converted my sgd to usd

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

4 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

When you say she needs "a heavy cpu usage for her work," what exactly does that entail? Are we talking real-time content creation? If so, I'd lean towards Threadripper. Are we talking video rendering? If so I'd lean towards Ryzen 7. Are we talking more basic productivity? If so I'd lean towards Ryzen 5.

2 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

I didn't change the budget I just converted my sgd to usd

change your budget as in convert it to USD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, jerubedo said:

When you say she needs "a heavy cpu usage for her work," what exactly does that entail? Are we talking real-time content creation? If so, I'd lean towards Threadripper. Are we talking video rendering? If so I'd lean towards Ryzen 7. Are we talking more basic productivity? If so I'd lean towards Ryzen 5.

She's an accountant for a huge shipping company called PSA in Singapore she does budget calculations company expenses, yearly aic and other stuff. 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

8 hours ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

She's an accountant for a huge shipping company called PSA in Singapore she does budget calculations company expenses, yearly aic and other stuff. 

That definitely airs on the side of basic productivity, in which case the Ryzen 5 2600 is a solid choice and should be able to push the desired framerates you are targeting as well.

10 hours ago, jerubedo said:

That definitely airs on the side of basic productivity, in which case the Ryzen 5 2600 is a solid choice and should be able to push the desired framerates you are targeting as well.

Thanks

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

As adviced by some of the members on the forum I'll be going with the ryzen R5 2600 due to her workload, please advice if there are an parts I should change. 

Ei NZXT H400 or Silverstone PS15-B (M-ATX Case) whichever she prefers

R R5 2600 

Msi b450m mortar (couldn't find a Bazooka board) 

G.skill trident Z RGB 3200mhz 16gb

Cryorig H7 quad lumi (rgb) or a liquid cooler whichever is cheaper

Galax RTX 2080 oc 8gb RGB Chrome (she looks like the chrome) 

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro nvme 512gb - windows 10

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro nvme 512gb - games/software 

WD black 4tb 3.5inch hdd - storage 

TTSmart SE RGB 730w 80+Bronze semi modular (she wanted rgb) 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

If you’re buying a 2080 you might as well get a 970 evo for boot...

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

If you’re buying a 2080 you might as well get a 970 evo for boot...

Does it make difference in boot time? 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

This looks great to me. There's no compatibility issues, and it's a solid build. The only thing I'll say is that you are using a higher end GPU and CPU, and that PSU is a tier 3, which is the lowest quality-wise you'd want to go. IDEALLY, I'd like to see these particular parts on a tier 2, but that's a minor complaint. 

Generally speaking this is what I stick to:

Top of the line components - Tier S or 1

High-end components -  Tier 1 or 2

Mid-range components - Tier 2 or 3

Low-end components (gaming) - Tier 3 or 4

Low-end components (basic productivity only) - Tier 4 or MAYBE tier 5 if there's a really tight budget (these cases should be very limited though) 

Just now, SGBudgetGamer said:

Only ever used Samsung SSD / m.2 NVMe. But IIRC Samsung are one of the fastest out there 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

The Evo will indeed be slightly faster, but you'd probably not be able to notice in real world scenarios. It might shave an extra second off your boot time, if that's important to you.

7 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

This looks great to me. There's no compatibility issues, and it's a solid build. The only thing I'll say is that you are using a higher end GPU and CPU, and that PSU is a tier 3, which is the lowest quality-wise you'd want to go. IDEALLY, I'd like to see these particular parts on a tier 2, but that's a minor complaint. 

Generally speaking this is what I stick to:

Top of the line components - Tier S or 1

High-end components -  Tier 1 or 2

Mid-range components - Tier 2 or 3

Low-end components (gaming) - Tier 3 or 4

Low-end components (basic productivity only) - Tier 4 or MAYBE tier 5 if there's a really tight budget (these cases should be very limited though) 

How do you know which psu is which tier? 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

You must be rich or about to put a ring on it. That's all I'll say.

Ok maybe not. Just know you're spending more on SSDs than on your CPU. That's fine, just letting you know. Also, just get a 1TB Intel 660p SSD. It's $135 lmao.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

19 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Ok maybe not. Just know you're spending more on SSDs than on your CPU. That's fine, just letting you know. Also, just get a 1TB Intel 660p SSD. It's $135 lmao.

I second this idea. The 660p is on sale and cheaper right now and it's a comparable M.2 drive (3D TLC NAND NVME). It's also going to be better to have one 1TB drive instead of two 512 GB drives because on that motherboard the top M.2 slot supports PCI-E 3.0 speeds and the bottom M.2 slot only supports PCI-E 2.0 speeds. We're really getting into the nitty gritty now, though. If you're happy with the build you have and you're happy with the price then I'd say it's solid and good to go. We're just pointing out that you can do better in some areas.

EDIT: actually never mind my nitty gritty comment. I just realized the price for EACH 512 GB drive is $180, making the price difference between them and the Intel drive a whopping $225. That's a substantial savings.

18 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Sorry, I probably should have linked that, lol. Here you go: 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/986897-psu-tier-list-30/

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

After 6 years of relationship what's $2000

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

Thermaltake Core V21 - (M-ATX) she picked this over the (H400i and silverstone ps15b-g). 

Ryzen R5 2600X - ($12 difference over the ryzen R5 2600) 

MSI b450m mortar 

Silverstone Tundra 02-lite v2 - (switched to thermaltake riing trios rgb 120mm suggested by salesman)

G.skill trident Z RGB 3200mhz 32gb (8gb x 4 sticks) 

Asus Strix RTX 2080 Advanced 8gb - (on sale) with free $50 voucher

Samsung 970 Evo 500gb m.2 nvme - Windows 10 / Games (suggested by forum members) 

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro nvme 512gb - work programs

T-Force Gaming Delta-S 1tb 2.5 inch ssd - storage 

Toshiba 7200rpm 2tb 2.5 inch hdd - storage 

Seasonic Prime Titanium 750TD 750w 80+ titanium full modular 12yrs 

Fans used 

Front fans - thermaltake riing trios 140mm X 2 

Rear fans - thermaltake riing trios 140mm X 1

Radiator - thermaltake riing trios 120mm x2

Led strips - Lumi color 256c X 2 strips

Control box - 2

Total cost : $2528. 00 - (after discounts)

The case looks like a disco hall on the inside. And she loves it. 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($161.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($77.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($278.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Dual Advanced Video Card  ($769.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake - View 21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($67.05 @ Newegg Business)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.30 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing Trio 12 RGB TT Premium Edition (3-Fan) 41.13 CFM 120mm Fans  ($127.40 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing Trio 14 RGB TT Premium Edition (3-pack) 60.68 CFM 140mm Fans  ($143.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Other: Thermaltake AC-037-LN1NAN-A1 Case Accessory  ($39.52 @ Amazon)
Total: $2434.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-24 08:00 EST-0500

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($161.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($77.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($278.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Dual Advanced Video Card  ($769.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake - View 21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($67.05 @ Newegg Business)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.30 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing Trio 12 RGB TT Premium Edition (3-Fan) 41.13 CFM 120mm Fans  ($127.40 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Thermaltake - Riing Trio 14 RGB TT Premium Edition (3-pack) 60.68 CFM 140mm Fans  ($143.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Other: Thermaltake AC-037-LN1NAN-A1 Case Accessory  ($39.52 @ Amazon)
Total: $2434.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-24 08:00 EST-0500

If I'm not wrong your build is in USD$? 

Mines in SGD$. 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation.