Need help choosing a graphics card

AmpedUpDad

Okay, so here's the deal. I built my computer 6 years ago(almost to the day) and my GTX 670 is struggling mightily. I have an upgrade path that is getting funded by my Twitch streaming.

My upgrade path is this:

PSU(got the new one already, an EVGA Supernova 750w Gold+)

Case(do a case swap with my current setup so I can get rid of the crappy cooler master case I have)

Motherboard/cpu/ram

M.2 NVME drive

HDD(3gb+)

Notice, I don't have the 670 in there. The reason why is, in the middle of April, I will be getting paid about 300 bucks for the streaming I have done for a channel that is not mine.

My question is this:

Do I wait for AMD to possibly put out their Navi cards and hope that I can get a 2070's performance for $250, or should I pull the trigger on something else? Save money up to get a beefier card?

My monitors are in need up an upgrade, as well, but I want to be able to run dual monitors 1440p at 144hz eventually.

Thanks in advance!

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

I think Navi's a bit far in the future now. Do you plan to continue streaming with that new rig?

It's going to be a bit difficult to run dual 1440p 144hz displays for AAA games with that kind of a budget... 

Best choices now imo are the GTX 1660ti or Vega 56, both at 280$. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

14 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

I think Navi's a bit far in the future now. Do you plan to continue streaming with that new rig?

It's going to be a bit difficult to run dual 1440p 144hz displays for AAA games with that kind of a budget... 

Best choices now imo are the GTX 1660ti or Vega 56, both at 280$. 

I am willing to wait to buy a new card. It doesn't have to be right away.

For now I am going to continue streaming on my current system.

Current system:

i5-3570k oced to 4.2ghz

16gigs DDR3 RAM(can't remember the speed)

250gb samsung ssd

1tb hdd

Geforce GTX 670

Some crappy PSU I haven't switched yet. Gonna do a youtube video of me cracking open this case and cleaning it and replacing the PSU. I haven't cleaned this case out in....let's just say a long time.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would just get a 1660 ti personally. 

Would a 1660ti work with dual 1440p 144hz monitors? Potentially adding a third monitor one day?

1 minute ago, AmpedUpDad said:

Would a 1660ti work with dual 1440p 144hz monitors? Potentially adding a third monitor one day?

For AAA games? Doubt it. Like I said, anything under 300$ might not be so good for that. 

Anyhow, there aren't any substantial rumors on Navi yet, so you may have to wait a very long time for something that may not change the game that much (sorry AMD). 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

3 minutes ago, AmpedUpDad said:

It should. Most cards come with 3 display ports. 

2 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

For AAA games? Doubt it. Like I said, anything under 300$ might not be so good for that. 

Anyhow, there aren't any substantial rumors on Navi yet, so you may have to wait a very long time for something that may not change the game that much (sorry AMD). 

Well, if not waiting for the Navi, I have no issue waiting to get something like a 2070 or 2080, I just wanted to see if something at a cheaper price point would stand up to my demands.

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

It should. Most cards come with 3 display ports. 

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer.

Can the 1660ti take full advantage of the monitors?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1797-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-ti/

Based on benchmarks I would say no. You kinda need a 2080 to take full advantage of a monitor like that. 

That's for the 1060 ti...

3 minutes ago, AmpedUpDad said:

That's for the 1060 ti...

No it's not. Just look at the actual review. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

No it's not. Just look at the actual review. 

OH. Sorry. Looked at the link.

Anyway, I want to game in 1440p.  And I want to be able to stream 1080p 60fps.

I'd need a stronger GPU and probably a pretty strong CPU.

Like I said, I have no issue waiting, unless there's something around now that can handle the demands.

1 minute ago, AmpedUpDad said:

OH. Sorry. Looked at the link.

Anyway, I want to game in 1440p.  And I want to be able to stream 1080p 60fps.

I'd need a stronger GPU and probably a pretty strong CPU.

Like I said, I have no issue waiting, unless there's something around now that can handle the demands.

There are things that can handle the demand now but they are expensive. You could always get a cheaper GPU like the 1660ti and then turn down settings to get the fps higher. For me 100 fps is the sweet spot for 1440p 144hz gaming. If I can get a game to that level of performance then it is quite smooth and the change from that to 144hz isn't much unless it's a competitive game. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

There are things that can handle the demand now but they are expensive. You could always get a cheaper GPU like the 1660ti and then turn down settings to get the fps higher. For me 100 fps is the sweet spot for 1440p 144hz gaming. If I can get a game to that level of performance then it is quite smooth and the change from that to 144hz isn't much unless it's a competitive game. 

I get what you're saying.

Guess I have some decisions to make.