Interested applicant for the recent hiring opportunity.

HubertGreen

Good Afternoon, I just had a quick question.

Does anyone know where more information about the recent hiring can be found?  I submitted a form and was wonding what the status on that process was. Have people been hired, have applications been sent out? I'm curious.

For the LTT hiring process?

I'm sure Linus or someone else in LMG will release a video introducing the successful applicants. Or at least let us know that the positions have been filled by his multiple social media accounts.

4 hours ago, HubertGreen said:

I submitted a form and was wonding what the status on that process was. Have people been hired, have applications been sent out? I'm curious.

If your application is successful I'm sure you will be notified and contacted. From there I imagine you will go through a series of interviews and such... Like a normal job application.
Just because you haven't been contacted yet may not mean that you were not successful, it may still be open to applications and the applications may not yet have been reviewed.

Be patient, and best of luck!

4 hours ago, Netivity said:

I'm sure Linus or someone else in LMG will release a video introducing the successful applicants. Or at least let us know that the positions have been filled by his multiple social media accounts.

New employees don't appear in videos. They first go through a probation period, and if LTT introduces them as new employees people ask too many questions if things don't work out and they suddenly disappear. That's unfair to LTT and the employee. As far as I'm aware, the roles advertised were mostly behind the scenes roles, so it's possible that we may never see them on camera, at least not for a while.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If your application is successful I'm sure you will be notified and contacted. From there I imagine you will go through a series of interviews and such... Like a normal job application.
Just because you haven't been contacted yet may not mean that you were not successful, it may still be open to applications and the applications may not yet have been reviewed.

Be patient, and best of luck!

New employees don't appear in videos. They first go through a probation period, and if LTT introduces them as new employees people ask too many questions if things don't work out and they suddenly disappear. That's unfair to LTT and the employee. As far as I'm aware, the roles advertised were mostly behind the scenes roles, so it's possible that we may never see them on camera, at least not for a while.

Fair enough! Didn't know that - thanks.

They also are required by law to go through all the Canadian employees first to make sure none are qualified enough before they can hire an alien. 

11 hours ago, fpo said:

They also are required by law to go through all the Canadian employees first to make sure none are qualified enough before they can hire an alien. 

I didn't know that, but that makes more sense. Hopefully they get around to me.

10 minutes ago, HubertGreen said:

I didn't know that, but that makes more sense. Hopefully they get around to me.

Are you even willing to relocate if they contacted you?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 hours ago, fpo said:

That's quite similar to Spain's law....

7 hours ago, wasab said:

Are you even willing to relocate if they contacted you?

100%. Its a dream job, to edit for a living. It's what I do for fun anyway.