How much is my rig worth?

WSewell1

Hey guys. So I need advice..how much would you spend on this? Specs as follows: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
RAM: G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX
Mother Board: ASUS Prime X470 
GPU: EVGA SSC GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB
Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 7200RPM
Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 7200RPM
*With the two hard drives, I set these up in RAID 0*
PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold
Case: NZXT 700I
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

this was my first build, so don’t destroy it ?

FBF25768-45CD-4910-9BB4-7CB62BCC01A4.jpeg

A130FB9F-EB83-4DBF-8B1C-3373E374792E.jpeg

2C7D9BA4-5724-42C1-9FFF-04728DCE8289.jpeg

A71DDF7D-D900-4EE1-B7A8-1503B4B71655.jpeg

9F4E6BD4-1FDA-4AC1-8A95-DCBEB182D088.jpeg

96500F54-B48F-46C1-881A-F4CA3E2F9E40.jpeg

CC0BD3A3-5A02-4745-A4D7-A941B7A909A8.jpeg

Hm..well in its current configuration, how much would you buy it for? 

Im trying to sell because I’ve come across tough times..people in my area are telling me it’s only worth 600-700. I originally had it posted for 1,000. Is that to high of a asking price? 

1 minute ago, WSewell1 said:

Hm..well in its current configuration, how much would you buy it for? 

Im trying to sell because I’ve come across tough times..people in my area are telling me it’s only worth 600-700. I originally had it posted for 1,000. Is that to high of a asking price? 

1,000 is way too high.

It's a midrange PC, not a high end 8th gen Core i7 system. Right now? I'd pay $700 for it. I'd try listing it at $750 and see what comes of that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

1,000 is way too high.

It's a midrange PC, not a high end 8th gen Core i7 system. Right now? I'd pay $700 for it. I'd try listing it at $750 and see what comes of that.

Thanks for the input. But yea, people on Facebook market place have been offering me like 500, and I’m like? Is my rig that crappy? Lol

Just now, WSewell1 said:

Thanks for the input. But yea, people on Facebook market place have been offering me like 500, and I’m like? Is my rig that crappy? Lol

It's not that bad, Facebook marketplace is just crap.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

I'd pay max $600 for the stuff without that SSD and case

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

1,000 is way too high.

I mean, I feel he could easily get $800 for that build. People buying pre-built PCs often do not research the items, and I have seen worse builds going for the price you proposed.

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

It's not that bad, Facebook marketplace is just crap.

I agree! Anyway, thanks for your input!! I appreciate it! 

Just now, lmeneses said:

I mean, I feel he could easily get over a grand for that build. People buying pre-built PCs often do not research the items, and I very much see worse builds going for the price you proposed. I would say leave it at $1000 OP 

It's not worth a grand though, and some of the people who know what they're looking at will probably let the OP know.

I just don't want the OP to become one of those sellers that thinks because 1,000 is the price they paid for it that they'll realistically sell it for that much, ya know?

It's not worth a grand though, and some of the people who know what they're looking at will probably let the OP know.

I just don't want the OP to become one of those sellers that thinks because 1,000 is the price they paid for it that they'll realistically sell it for that much, ya know?

That's true. I realized after I posted that a thousand may be a little too much 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Well, I’m probably going to say “I want 1,000” but lower my expectations to 800. That way it give room for low ballers and negotiating. 

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

That's true. I realized after I posted that a thousand may be a little too much 

I mean it's a Ryzen 2600 with a 1060 6G, that's basically the best midrange system one can get(disregard newer hardware).

if it had an 8700K or similar, or even just a 2700x, I could see how 1,000 could be justified.

Just now, WSewell1 said:

Well, I’m probably going to say “I want 1,000” but lower my expectations to 800. That way it give room for low ballers and negotiating. 

750-800 is a good price, but I seriously doubt anyone will really pay you 1,000 for it. Just throwing that out there.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

750-800 is a good price, but I seriously doubt anyone will really pay you 1,000 for it. Just throwing that out there.

Yeaaa lol. My original way of thinking on this was “well, people pay 1700+ for MacBooks. If apple can do it, then so can I!” Lmao ? 

2 minutes ago, WSewell1 said:

Yeaaa lol. My original way of thinking on this was “well, people pay 1700+ for MacBooks. If apple can do it, then so can I!” Lmao ? 

Apple tax. That's all it is.

I tend to base prices solely on the hardware, that way I can be more sure that I'm giving or getting a fair price; that seems to work out the best for everyone involved. I wouldn't pay 1700+ for a MacBook unless it was in the shrink and I really needed a Mac, personally.

I'd probably pay $700, but lowball for 650 or walk away.

ill give you 2 magic beans for it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

1,000 is way too high.

I'd start at $800 personally.

At worst, someone will snatch it when it drops to $750 as a "deal"

Visual friendly for non enthusiast's,

Looks Great,. The pics you have are great, super nice,..

Because many people don't Google anything..

They see Ryzen. notan8Core and 1060 and instantly mentally lowball you.

Maybe advertise with some games performance screen shots (ingame bench results or game+overlay to show stats,etc)

You'd be surprised thinking it won't help.

Many people can look at just pictures and performance numbers in text form,.. and still have no idea what it all means for them.

Because they don't research,. Add some Performance visuals however you can.

A click able 5-10min 1080p 60fps Private YouTube video with performance stats in games..

I'm not going to mention price, done above already.

But maybe throw in performance images/videos for the uninitiated.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz