experience with activating windows

buzzinkeegs

so i want to know how your doing with windows, I have a digital licence i obtained while windows offered free upgrades to disabled ppl a few years ago, the truth be told there was no real oversite to this u gogled found the post applied and recieved there was no legitimate question asked ie "are u diabled ... how, why just there u are here u are take it its free since then iv upgraded from the bottom to the top mobo wise from 320 to 470 and changed every part from case to gpu to wifi card etc etc not a single part exists from my original build i have keys for both pro and home and have only ever had one issu with a gigabyte board activation i have numerous devices spread acreoss the spectrum all using the same digital licence ranging from laptops that came with vista or xp right upto whats in my signiture 
how do u fair ?is my question

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

6 minutes ago, buzzinkeegs said:

so i want to know how your doing with windows, I have a digital licence i obtained while windows offered free upgrades to disabled ppl a few years ago, the truth be told there was no real oversite to this u gogled found the post applied and recieved there was no legitimate question asked ie "are u diabled ... how, why just there u are here u are take it its free since then iv upgraded from the bottom to the top mobo wise from 320 to 470 and changed every part from case to gpu to wifi card etc etc not a single part exists from my original build i have keys for both pro and home and have only ever had one issu with a gigabyte board activation i have numerous devices spread acreoss the spectrum all using the same digital licence ranging from laptops that came with vista or xp right upto whats in my signiture 

clippy.png.3725d804b8c2d15c7d364afb9169fa51.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

@kirashi  im not realy into formating text if i want something to look like something i modify my browser to do so nor am i very punctual iv been quoted as someone who writes it ancient latin , does this offend me nope my words are plain readable and semi understanable so im happy enough with that im not trying to appeal to the masses just the few honest folks out there that might be interested ;)

On 2/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, UncleJarvis said:

-snip-

not yet anyways :D

<< needs new baterys in my keyboard after reading my own post am i going to edit it nope

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

I hate Windows but I also can't escape the quicksand that is the massive market it has created. 

If your hypothetical new OS had comparable things to Windows. It would still be irrlevant if there is no user base for devs to invest there time to make apps for yours rather then Windows. So if u can't answer that such question then your initial question is flawed. 

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

10 hours ago, buzzinkeegs said:

@kirashi  im not realy into formating text if i want something to look like something i modify my browser to do so nor am i very punctual iv been quoted as someone who writes it ancient latin , does this offend me nope my words are plain readable and semi understanable so im happy enough with that im not trying to appeal to the masses just the few honest folks out there that might be interested ;)

If you want answers to questions, its better that others understand what you are asking. Even if it means that you are using bullet points instead. Now to making sense of what you are saying.

so i want to know how your doing with windows, I have a digital licence i obtained while windows offered free upgrades to disabled ppl a few years ago,

You mean free upgrade from Win7/8/.1 after actual period ended? Actually they never shutdown the upgrading thing. You can still do that.

the truth be told there was no real oversite to this u gogled found the post applied and recieved there was no legitimate question asked ie "are u diabled ... how, why just there u are here u are take it its free

Why they didn't have anything more than links? Because they want major share of users. And if you are among the ones wearing tin foil hats, they collect telemetry and sell that. Plus sell ad space.

since then iv upgraded from the bottom to the top mobo wise from 320 to 470

None of these are anything that would make sense. 470 is GPU model number, 320 I've only seen as SSD/HDD size.

and changed every part from case to gpu to wifi card etc etc not a single part exists from my original build i have keys for both pro and home and have only ever had one issu with a gigabyte board activation i have numerous devices spread acreoss the spectrum all using the same digital licence ranging from laptops that came with vista or xp right upto whats in my signiture

Yes, and? I've had this Win7 key since 2010. This is 3rd mobo I'm using with it. And now its upgraded to Win10. Whats your point?

MS makes their own business decisions. They could make it much harder to users. Like hard locking OS like it was with Win7 and older, or hard locking OEM keys like it is with Win8/.1. But they don't. Rest is up to your own standards. Do you pay full price when you need to buy another OS or don't? Do you use service with little to no security when you know you aren't suppose to?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You mean free upgrade from Win7/8/.1 after actual period ended? Actually they never shutdown the upgrading thing. You can still do that.

no i mean the free upgrade if u used assistive tools ie magnifier narrator etc that ended 31 december 2017 which web page use to be hear but the update link has been removed :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

None of these are anything that would make sense. 470 is GPU model number, 320 I've only seen as SSD/HDD size

they make perfect sence A320-B350-X370-B450-X470 are all motherboards

Yes, and? I've had this Win7 key since 2010. This is 3rd mobo I'm using with it. And now its upgraded to Win10. Whats your point?

my point is like how linus mentioned in his video about windows activation inevitably changing parts in his test bench would screw over the activation of windows 10 so he just doesnt bother activating it and how this hasnt happened yet given the volume of parts iv been through in just one system never mind the fact i have multiple devices running different harware

24 minutes ago, buzzinkeegs said:

no i mean the free upgrade if u used assistive tools ie magnifier narrator etc that ended 31 december 2017 which web page use to be hear but the update link has been removed :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Same thing. Actual and advertised way ended 2 years ago. The extended period, your link, was 6 months longer, until end of 2017. But you can still do it.

they make perfect sence A320-B350-X370-B450-X470 are all motherboards

Those do, not when there's no context whatsoever.

my point is like how linus mentioned in his video about windows activation inevitably changing parts in his test bench would screw over the activation of windows 10 so he just doesnt bother activating it and how this hasnt happened yet given the volume of parts iv been through in just one system never mind the fact i have multiple devices running different harware

If you have connected your key to MS account, it activates when you login to your account. Linus is aware of this, and even says it in the video. The point of that video was to explain why they don't bother activating OS for their test becnhes. They have 30+ Windows licenses bought with full price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv