Help finding a VESA desk mount and VESA adapter.

Hello, I have a 23-inch Apple Cinema Display that I'm wanting to use with a VESA mount.

I am 6'4, and have measured that I'll need the mount to reach at least 20 inches (51cm) above my desk for optimal ergonomics.

My budget is ~$100 USD, though I can go higher if I have to. I'm sick of using this monitor on a box that still isn't tall enough.

Bonus points if the mount can handle 20lb (9kg) so when I upgrade to an ultrawide monitor there'll be minimum fuss.

There are these WALI and Mount-It! stands I have found that fit my criteria. For the mount adapter I have found these three, AMER Mounts, Human Centric 1, and Human Centric 2.

Link to my r/buildapc thread.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations, thank you!

Vonhaus does some good ones, although I doubt that they will go high enough to satisfy your needs. If you are handy with a welder then you could extend the included pole. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

21 minutes ago, YaBoiWill said:

Vonhaus does some good ones, although I doubt that they will go high enough to satisfy your needs. If you are handy with a welder then you could extend the included pole. 

I wouldn't though.  Not familiar with that brand but I've had a few desk mounts and they all are quite wobbly to begin with due to the single-arm design, the further you extend them the more off-balance they become.

Also bear in mind the desk, will the clamp even fit?  Can the clamp take the weight?  I ended up drilling and screwing the side of one of mine into the desk as the bracket the clamp goes into started to bend.  They are all pretty poorly designed IMO as they do not use nearly strong enough metal around the clamp.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

16 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I wouldn't though.  Not familiar with that brand but I've had a few desk mounts and they all are quite wobbly to begin with due to the single-arm design, the further you extend them the more off-balance they become.

Also bear in mind the desk, will the clamp even fit?  Can the clamp take the weight?  I ended up drilling and screwing the side of one of mine into the desk as the bracket the clamp goes into started to bend.  They are all pretty poorly designed IMO as they do not use nearly strong enough metal around the clamp.

I personally don't have an issue with it, but my desk is solid and doesn't wobble, and im not using a clamp because of it designs, rather a base. 

I couldn't clamp mine to the desk I would screw them in, most manufactures allow for this, although it takes about two mins to drill 4/6 holes into the edge of the clamp. 

As for bending I would assume that an ultra wide could cause this, but it all depends on the quality of materials that are being used. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

1 minute ago, YaBoiWill said:

I personally don't have an issue with it, but my desk is solid and doesn't wobble, and im not using a clamp because of it designs, rather a base. 

I couldn't clamp mine to the desk I would screw them in, most manufactures allow for this, although it takes about two mins to drill 4/6 holes into the edge of the clamp. 

As for bending I would assume that an ultra wide could cause this, but it all depends on the quality of materials that are being used. 

The problem is a lot of them do not re-enforce the metal the clamp screws into properly so they bend from the pressure and weight of the monitor and arm over time.

Also the pole holding the arm often is only supported by a few mm of metal so it also leans from the weight of the monitor.

Its really hard to judge from the photos just how good the quality of the materials are and I've had bad luck so far.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7