Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fasauceome

Haunted Xbox: free live subscription

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've got some haunted hardware, but it's haunted in a good way, a very good way. My Xbox one, which my family has owned for years, has a fun little glitch. At one point, we cancelled our Xbox live subscription and used our last year up. At some point we thought "huh it should be up by now." Turns out, our subscription renewed. We checked our billing info, nothing there. No credit card info. We looked at various credit card bills, no charges. All accounts, no subscription.

Here's the kicker:

Every account of a friend of mine or my brother's that signed into that Xbox had access to Xbox live. No matter what, if someone didn't pay for online, they were able to go online and play multiplayer games with our console. Naturally our basement became a hub, $60 a year is a bummer for multiplayer and honestly free Xbox live should be the baseline.

Anybody got one of these special consoles or is it just me? It would be so awesome if I ever figured out how to replicate this glitch, but I believe that would cost some money for a subscription.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

inb4 Billybob Gates personally visits your house to destroy that Xbox

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Asus Radeon HD 3650 Silent, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

Posted · Original PosterOP

Remembering some of the details, part of what I think could have caused this was that I tried to cancel my subscription and it didn't actually go through, so I had to cancel it a second time and remove the payment info 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

I had an amazon prime sub that didn't go away for some months then i unlinked it from my twitch and twitch asked me still if i wanted to try prime so i got another month of prime for free haha

I have experienced something similar but with World of Tanks specifically. Everytime I install the game it gives me free trial as you get when you sign up to the game. I don't know if it should work like that because it basically gives you free multiplayer access.

Making Internet a better place.

7 hours ago, Sylvie said:

Bill Gates isn't a Microsoft worker anymore. 

Cool story, glad to see the meme went right over your head.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Asus Radeon HD 3650 Silent, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3