EDIT 02/04 at 8:44am PST NEW Lunar Sale Historic Lows Price Drops

Paul Rudd

Assassins Creed Chronicles China is FREE over at UPlay until Feb 5th. Easiest way to get it is to just open your UPlay launcher or click the link to the left and install the launcher from there. You will see the game in the launcher. There's also a Lunar Sale going on at UPlay as well with discounts as much as 90% off.

Out of the countless games that are on sale, these are the few that hit historic lows...

Titles in pink have just dropped again today, 02/04.

Far Cry 5 is at a historic low of just $13.50(77% off).

Far Cry Primal is at a historic low of just $9.00(82% off).

Tom Clancy's The Division is also at a historic low of just $4.50(91% off).

The Gold Edition of The Division is at a historic low of $8.10(91% off) which includes ALL the DLC expansions and quite a few gun skins/attires.

Completely worth it. Especially when it rarely hits this price.

You best snag these deals while you can because they rarely hit these prices.

I just found The Divisions DLC Expansions on sale for $1.49(90% off) EACH over at Humble for the next 2 weeks!

Here are the links... UndergroundSurvival and The Last Stand.

These are for people that already own the base game and want to get the DLC's at a discounted price instead of having to buy the Gold Edition.

EDIT: Also found this Skin pack for those interested in grabbing additional skins for dirt cheap($0.49 90% off)... Frontline Outfit Pack

I bought it for just over $1.00 a good 6 months ago. It's only worth it if you like what you see.

The only downside is the level on the gun and backpack skins are very low so they won't help you out the more you progress in the game.

But a bright side is that the clothes you see you can still wear at anytime. I've been rockin' the orange pants for a while. They go with other orange tops very well.

They're great for when you just start out imo. They're just aesthetically pleasing, nothing else. They are worth it for $0.08 each.

Edited by Dr. Historic Low
Added price drops.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

thanks for the info, but isn't the game just a 2D game or did i mix something up?

The Division is also in the humble bundle monthly pack right now, although you'll need to hurry, you have about another hour to get the bundle

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Just now, Tiwaz said:

thanks for the info, but isn't the game just a 2D game or did i mix something up?

It's a stealth game similar to Mark of the Ninja, Shank, Shank 2, Strider, Bionic Commando, Shadow Complex, etc, etc. If you're not a fan of those games you may not like it but if you are, it should be a given to add it to your UPlay library.

14 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

The Division is also in the humble bundle monthly pack right now, although you'll need to hurry, you have about another hour to get the bundle

Rather pay $5.00(90% off) for the Division(even though I already own the game on both PC and Xbox One) than whatever monthly price they offer from Humble.

I never pay for anything monthly on games because you can just snag practically any of them(aside from the best AAA titles such as The Division) for $1.00-$3.00 on eBay. People sell them left and right to make up the price for that monthly fee.

Check eBay a few hours after the Humble monthly games change. You'll see what I mean. They list them that fast.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Rather pay $5.00(90% off) for the Division(even though I already own the game on both PC and Xbox One) than whatever monthly price they offer from Humble.

I never pay for anything monthly on games because you can just snag practically any of them(aside from the best AAA titles such as The Division) for $1.00-$3.00 on eBay. People sell them left and right to make up the price for that monthly fee.

Check eBay a few hours after the Humble monthly games change. You'll see what I mean. They list them that fast.

You can quite literally just buy a single monthly pack with no recurring payment.

How good is The Division for solo play?

Not mainly solo with important daily missions for 2-4 people, actually almost 100% solo.

Of course it's only $5, but If I play it 2 hours and it's too group-oriented...

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

2 hours ago, markr54632 said:

You can quite literally just buy a single monthly pack with no recurring payment.

For sure. No reason to though when the games are already cheap on eBay.

2 hours ago, FIXXX said:

How good is The Division for solo play?

Not mainly solo with important daily missions for 2-4 people, actually almost 100% solo.

Of course it's only $5, but If I play it 2 hours and it's too group-oriented...

Excellent. The community is as active as can be. You'll always have people to play with, even if you don't friend anyone. You can also do everything solo if you wish. The first 100 hours are definitely the best. After that, it becomes a grind for the best everything unless you just find a few people to drop you awesome stuff. Once you complete the game and the grind becomes less of a grind, that's when you hit up the expansions. Then after that, hit up the dark zone. You can do things in any order you wish but that's how I did it and the amount of gameplay is off the charts until you hit a few hundred hours. It's such an awesome game imo. The hit detection of the weapons and the gadgets you get to use are what I like best about the game. And how beautiful it looks if your PC can run it around 100-120 fps with the settings tweaked to perfection in 1440p. If you ever need to know the best graphic settings, let me know. Or you can just use the guide like I did at the NVidia website.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

For sure. No reason to though when the games are already cheap on eBay.

Excellent. The community is as active as can be. You'll always have people to play with, even if you don't friend anyone. You can also do everything solo if you wish. The first 100 hours are definitely the best. After that, it becomes a grind for the best everything unless you just find a few people to drop you awesome stuff. Once you complete the game and the grind becomes less of a grind, that's when you hit up the expansions. Then after that, hit up the dark zone. You can do things in any order you wish but that's how I did it and the amount of gameplay is off the charts until you hit a few hundred hours. It's such an awesome game imo. The hit detection of the weapons and the gadgets you get to use are what I like best about the game. And how beautiful it looks if your PC can run it around 100-120 fps with the settings tweaked to perfection in 1440p. If you ever need to know the best graphic settings, let me know. Or you can just use the guide like I did at the NVidia website.

Hwell even 100 hours is more than enough to be worth $5. I've paid more, for less playtime.

PS: So i should get the season pass now? or what?

PP: The main game for my region is actually $2.9 and the season pass is $6.87. Will I actually get to use the DLC stuff if I play less than 100 hours?)

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

12 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Hwell even 100 hours is more than enough to be worth $5. I've paid more, for less playtime.

I put in 40 hours on Xbox One in 4k in a matter of like 10-12 days. Loved it so much, bought it on PC when it went on a good sale like 4-5 months ago. I think I paid $9.00 for it on PC back then. Won't but $5.00 on Xbox One from eBay. Prolly still like that.

Some games are just worth their price tag no matter how many hours they provide. Depends on the person buying them really.

24 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

PS: So i should get the season pass now? or what?

No. Get the Gold Edition. It's just $9.00. And I'm telling you right now, it's rarely at a discounted price. It's always a very limited time and $9.00 is the new historic low. Beating the previous by around $3.50. Comes with everything, including the season pass and quite a bit of other goodies. The season pass by itself is just 1 year of all the expansions so you don't want that. The Gold Edition you keep forever. Best way to remember this is the fact that the Gold Edition was once $89.99. Pretty sure the season pass was just $39.99.

24 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Will I actually get to use the DLC stuff if I play less than 100 hours?

I think you can play it whenever you want. You may have to put in like 10 hours or so to unlock it. Can't remember how that works but I do know it unlocks naturally.

I forgot to mention one thing about The Division. It takes a little longer to hook you if you know what I mean. At least that's what happened to me with it. I played it once for like a half hour, didn't play it again for like a month, played it again for like an hour, put it back down for another couple of months. Then eventually I played it for over an hour and then found myself playing it more and more all the time. I think it did this because not only do I play hundreds of games but the beginning of the game you start like, well... I don't wanna spoil it for ya' so, I guess you'll have to just see what I'm talking about.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

No. Get the Gold Edition. It's just $9.00.

Well whoopty doo, thanks for not mentioning that before. Already got the standard version and started downloading :(

Stopped the download and sent a refund request explaining I want the Gold version. Gonna see what they say.

Perhaps there's a monetarily-balanced way to upgrade by covering the price difference, taking into account that I just got the game less than an hour ago.

18 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Well whoopty doo, thanks for not mentioning that before. Already got the standard version and started downloading :(

Stopped the download and sent a refund request explaining I want the Gold version. Gonna see what they say.

Perhaps there's a monetarily-balanced way to upgrade by covering the price difference, taking into account that I just got the game less than an hour ago.

I did mention it before. Read the original post.

You may not be able to do the swap unfortunately. I tried to get a refund on Just Cause 3 XL Edition because I bought it for like $9.50 and then like a few days later it was on a major sale for like $4.00-$5.00 and UPlay didn't let me refund it. But that could be because I played it. You do have a slim chance because you haven't played it yet but I would think that slim chance would happen over the phone with an actual person. That's something a person would understand.

If it doesn't work out, look at the bright side... You got the base game for $5.00 and that's all I have on PC. And to be perfectly frank, it's beyond worth it. It does suck you won't get the 4 other expansions for $1.00 each but I'm in that same boat. Not like they're gonna let me add them on for $4.00.

You might could find a loophole somewhere while the sale is still going on. Good luck to ya'!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I did mention it before. Read the original post.

You may not be able to do the swap unfortunately. I tried to get a refund on Just Cause 3 XL Edition because I bought it for like $9.50 and then like a few days later it was on a major sale for like $4.00-$5.00 and UPlay didn't let me refund it. You do have a slim chance but I would think that slim chance would happen over the phone with an actual person. That's something a person would understand.

If it doesn't work out, look at the bright side... You got the base game for $5.00 and that's all I have on PC. And to be perfectly frank, it's beyond worth it. It does suck you won't get the 4 other expansions for $1.00 each but I'm in that same boat. Not like they're gonna let me add them on for $4.00.

You might could find a loophole somewhere while the sale is still going on. Good luck to ya'!

I actually paid $2.9 .check my post :)

Just now, FIXXX said:

I actually paid $2.9 .check my post :)

What's that in US dollars? $2.90? That's an INSANE price if it is. How much is the Gold Edition in US dollars?

Gold is $5.35

"$" means "$"

That's why I want to get the Gold. It's less than base + season pass.

Ubisoft charges russian rubles, even though it's not the currency of the country, oh well. 

6 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Gold is $5.35

"$" means "$"

That's why I want to get the Gold. It's less than base + season pass.

Ubisoft charges russian rubles, even though it's not the currency of the country, oh well. 

Well, you are in LUCK! Just in case you cannot get your refund, I have found what we've been looking for. Discounted prices on EACH individual DLC. The links are in the original post above. They are priced at just $1.49 each in the US at Humble. What are the chances??? I have a feeling they're even cheaper where you live. So it's just $4.47(here) for all three DLC expansions if you already own the base game. I'm buying them right now.

5 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Well, you are in LUCK! Just in case you cannot get your refund, I have found what we've been looking for. Discounted prices on EACH individual DLC. The links are in the original post above. They are priced at just $1.49 each in the US at Humble. What are the chances??? I have a feeling they're even cheaper where you live. So it's just $4.47(here) for all three DLC expansions if you already own the base game. I'm buying them right now.

Decided to not wait and get the gold anyway. Screw 'support'. 

7 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Decided to not wait and get the gold anyway. Screw 'support'. 

Are those Humble deals available where you are? You could have just bought them instead of buying another copy. That's what I did last night.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Are those Humble deals available where you are? You could have just bought them instead of buying another copy. That's what I did last night.

No sense crying over spilt milk :P It's just a couple of dollars anyway.

Now I need to play a while and see if I like it or not.

1 hour ago, FIXXX said:

Now I need to play a while and see if I like it or not.

Have you tried playing online? The servers are currently acting up. Which is rare with The Division. They normally are working flawlessly. I haven't played in a few months so it seems this issue started about a week ago according to this forum... https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1430710-The-division-keeps-randomly-crashing/page35.

My game isn't crashing but the fps is dropping dramatically every few seconds. From a locked 105 to 17-20. I've tried tons of troubleshooting and found out it's an issue with The Division servers. All my other games work(including Rainbow Six Siege, which runs from both UPlay and Steam at the same time). It's not frustrating yet, as it should be. That's only because like I said, the servers for The Division have always been near flawless for me.

Oh and I forgot to say, if you are into similar games like The Division, there really shouldn't be any reason you don't like it other than when you get to around 100 hours and it becomes a grind.

EDIT: Apparently, it's a matter of geography...

1800991565_Screenshot(54).png.cf0b9722bb9694d95aa00d742df1c846.png

It just has to be in my area.

Edited by Dr. Historic Low
Added Outage Map of The Division

5 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Have you tried playing online? The servers are currently acting up. Which is rare with The Division. They normally are working flawlessly. I haven't played in a few months so it seems this issue started about a week ago according to this forum... https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1430710-The-division-keeps-randomly-crashing/page35.

My game isn't crashing but the fps is dropping dramatically every few seconds. From a locked 105 to 17-20. I've tried tons of troubleshooting and found out it's an issue with The Division servers. All my other games work(including Rainbow Six Siege, which runs from both UPlay and Steam at the same time). It's not frustrating yet, as it should be. That's only because like I said, the servers for The Division have always been near flawless for me.

Oh and I forgot to say, if you are into similar games like The Division, there really shouldn't be any reason you don't like it other than when you get to around 100 hours and it becomes a grind.

EDIT: Apparently, it's a matter of geography...

It just has to be in my area.

No outtages here as far as I can see. 

For now the biggest annoyances are using the Cover technique (why doesn't it always understand a command to LEAVE cover instead it just moves to a different spot, and other times is understands leaving cover perfectly) and having to run so much from one place to another.

3 hours ago, FIXXX said:

why doesn't it always understand a command to LEAVE cover instead it just moves to a different spot, and other times is understands leaving cover perfectly) and having to run so much from one place to another.

I think when you'e in cover, you point to another cover and hold the cover button again and it takes you to that cover. Haven't played in a while and I haven't been able to get my game to loadup stutter free so I can't say exactly at this moment in time. I do know that the cover system becomes very natural once you get the hang of it.

21 hours ago, FIXXX said:

For now the biggest annoyances are using the Cover technique (why doesn't it always understand a command to LEAVE cover instead it just moves to a different spot, and other times is understands leaving cover perfectly) and having to run so much from one place to another.

I just found out the servers are fine and my game is fine. I was getting fps drops because I locked the fps inside the game and I locked it in MSI Afterburner. That was what was causing the fps drops. I just turned off the fps lock inside the game and just locked it with MSI Afterburner and boom, the fps drops were completely gone. 

So since I was able to play the game, I immediately checked your issue with the cover system. All you do is press A to go into cover and A again to go out from cover. And once you are in cover, you just point to another form of cover and you will see the A button show up at that cover and so you just hold the A button to move into that cover and make sure you don't stop holding it until you are in that next cover.

If you are using your keyboard, A may not be your cover button. A is my cover button because I use a controller.

The problem with this game is that the The Division 2 is coming out soon so the community will shrink and the servers will eventually be closed.