'Quiet' SFX PSU? - SX650-G Alternative

I have an i7 8700 and a 1080ti in a DanCase A4 SFX being powered by a Silverstone SX650-G.

When I am gaming, my CPU fan (Noctua L9i) and GPU fans (card is a FTW3) are whisper quiet, but the power supply is super loud in comparison.

I know I can't expect too much from an SFX unit, but has anyone had any experience modding a quieter fan onto the SX650-G or are simply aware of a PSU that runs much quieter?

The reason the PSU fan spins so loud is so it can cool it properly. If you just make the fan spin slower, it can be harmful for it.

As for quieter PSUs, you can check the database on Cybenetics. The EVGA GM and Corsair SF Platinum should be quieter than the SX650G, especially at idle.

:)

the seasonic prime 600 titanium fanless is, well fanless so it dosnt make any fan noise. my Bequiet 300W SFX unit is also pretty much dead silent but that dosnt have enough power

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If SFX-L fits, you can use the passive NJ450-SXL. That should also be enough power for your system (without much OC). The HDPLEX 400W Combo (AC-DC and DC-ATX) is also passive but has even less power. The Corsair SF600 Platinum should be the quitest with a fan.

My boring Github   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

8 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the seasonic prime 600 titanium fanless is, well fanless so it dosnt make any fan noise. 

If you can wedge a Seasonic Prime into a DanCase A4, you're my new hero.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 4:28 AM, jonnyGURU said:

If you can wedge a Seasonic Prime into a DanCase A4, you're my new hero.

Haha If only...

I have read as many of your SFX PSU reviews as I can find, but have there been any units that really stood out to you during testing?