Thermal Throttling? or Possible cooling issues

Nolanl83

Recently my PC has been unexpectedly freezing, Im able to do some things but yet not others. Not a huge trouble shooter but I noticed a much higher than average temp whilst on idle.

https://gyazo.com/f8f4f03489d701accf0725caed57c527 

I have a GTX 1060 6GB from gigabyte a dual fan model and a single fan AIO for my CPU, this was with the side panel open and im getting what seems to be really high temps for idle. Any thoughts or suggestions? I recently took the PC apart to do some major cleaning and mightve switched a few wires. I dont believe that would be it but could it?

8 minutes ago, Nolanl83 said:

Recently my PC has been unexpectedly freezing, Im able to do some things but yet not others. Not a huge trouble shooter but I noticed a much higher than average temp whilst on idle.

https://gyazo.com/f8f4f03489d701accf0725caed57c527 

I have a GTX 1060 6GB from gigabyte a dual fan model and a single fan AIO for my CPU, this was with the side panel open and im getting what seems to be really high temps for idle. Any thoughts or suggestions? I recently took the PC apart to do some major cleaning and mightve switched a few wires. I dont believe that would be it but could it?

Those are pretty normal. Gpu can have higher temps.

If your GPU / CPU is in the high eighties ( ~85C), that's when I get nervous.

If your problem is freezing, you could try running memtest.

Are you running a SSD or a HDD? If you're running a HDD, you could try defragging it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 hours ago, H20Burner said:

Those are pretty normal. Gpu can have higher temps.

But it seemed before that I never had temps these high? I do have a fairly compact case, Only 1  fan blowing air outside and 1 intake before during a crash I saw my GPU hit 70c whilst playing Fortnite. at medium/high settings and my CPU hitting 50-55c which for me are numbers I rarely see. Any suggestion to lower temps?

3 hours ago, Imbellis said:

If your GPU / CPU is in the high eighties ( ~85C), that's when I get nervous.

If your problem is freezing, you could try running memtest.

Are you running a SSD or a HDD? If you're running a HDD, you could try defragging it.

Can you send me a link to memtest? My issue with the higher temps is I havent seen it go that high and Dont know whats changed now to make it that way