Arduino error

ltlklr

Hi I am making something with a esp8266 but I got this error:

espcomm_upload_mem failed
Please help. And yes I did check the wiring

It's a very common error I have had a lot of times aswell. There are a couple of fixes for this, press reset just before uploading. Or just spam the upload button in the arduino IDE. Another possible fix is to change the Erase Flash option "Tools > Erase Flash > All Flash Conents" But do keep in mind this might wipe eeprom.

It is also possible that the ESP is just dead, if you toch it and it's really hot that is generally a good indication that it is dead.

If it is none of the things above, try uploading your code without any wires conencted, some pins have special functions at startup and overriding the default values could make it so you are unable to upload code. I've listed the pins below.

ESP8266BootOptions.jpg

If you still have issues, it would help if you provided the ESP model you are using ESP-12/ESP-12E/ESP-32 etc. and if you are using a development board such as a nodeMCU. 

20 hours ago, ltlklr said:

espcomm_upload_mem failed

That error means the esp8266 wasn't in programming-mode; pull GPIO0 down to GND and reset the board to place it in programming-mode.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.