Air Cooling or Liquid Cooling

Enzo1998

Hello guys I've a Ryzen 5 1600 and I'm going to change soon my motherboard and my cooling solution (actually is a stock cooler), and for a question of compatibility with my case I'm not sure to go with an air cooler becaus my case support air cooler 165mm tall, I was considering as an option the Masterair MA410M, or to go for a Corsair  Hydro H100i RGB Platinum or an Masterliquid ML240L.
What do you advice to me the air cooler or one of the two liquid cooler.

Thanks to anyone that can help me

the masterliquid has crappy rgb fans, the h100i platinum is really good, the kraken x52 is also a good option(240mm). Avoid the kraken x62(280mm) as it has pump problems.

In the end almost all same sized liquid coolers will give u same performance as almost all radiators are made my asetek.

So it depends on the looks of the pump block-the x52 has a really beautiful infinity mirror effect

Do you really need a cooler that costs more than what it cools? Besides, any decent mid range air cooler will do the job just fine for that CPU. Something like Artic Freezer 33 eSports.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

11 minutes ago, Enzo1998 said:

Hello guys I've a Ryzen 5 1600 and I'm going to change soon my motherboard and my cooling solution (actually is a stock cooler), and for a question of compatibility with my case I'm not sure to go with an air cooler becaus my case support air cooler 165mm tall, I was considering as an option the Masterair MA410M, or to go for a Corsair  Hydro H100i RGB Platinum or an Masterliquid ML240L.
What do you advice to me the air cooler or one of the two liquid cooler.

Thanks to anyone that can help me

You'd be better off with an aircooler, Bequiet!, Noctua, and Coolermaster all have great options.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I just put the Masterair MA410M just because is tall 165mm, match my aestetichs tastes and in my country cost around 60€, something like half of the price of the H100I Platinum, but if the expense is worth it will not be a problem to buy the Corsair one,, just do you know how much it is the cooling performance difference between them??

6 hours ago, Enzo1998 said:

I just put the Masterair MA410M just because is tall 165mm, match my aestetichs tastes and in my country cost around 60€, something like half of the price of the H100I Platinum, but if the expense is worth it will not be a problem to buy the Corsair one,, just do you know how much it is the cooling performance difference between them??

I recommend looking up benchmarks for the coolers. The H100i RGB and ML240L perform much better but you're probably going to run be limited more by voltage than cooling issues with the 1600. In terms of how much of an oc you can achieve, there's probably not much of a difference between every cooler mentioned. You're better off getting a better cpu to begin with if you have more money to spend. 

What kind of an aesthetic are you aiming for and where are you shopping / located? There are likely cheaper coolers available. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I recommend looking up benchmarks for the coolers. The H100i RGB and ML240L perform much better but you're probably going to run be limited more by voltage than cooling issues with the 1600. In terms of how much of an oc you can achieve, there's probably not much of a difference between every cooler mentioned. You're better off getting a better cpu to begin with if you have more money to spend. 

What kind of an aesthetic are you aiming for and where are you shopping / located? There are likely cheaper coolers available. 

I'm in Italy, and I'm fine with everithing that don't look like a Noctua or a Schyte ?, however I don't know if there is something that looks good and has good performance with a price near to 60€, and that isn't higher more than 166 cm.

id probably go for a big air cooler over an AIO, 165mm of clearance can fit an NH-D15

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The Ryzen 5 1600 is rated at 65W, so a liquid cooler is actually kind of useless for it.  Unless you're going to OC it, I'd just slap a cheap tower cooler like the Hyper 212 EVO or Gammaxx 300 on there, and then swap the fan out for a better one if you need it quiet.  I use an i5-6400 in my home PC with the Gammaxx, and even under full load with a basic 120mm fan running at 1,000RPM, it barely gets warm.  I turn it down to about 500RPM at idle or for browsing, and it's completely silent inside my case.

2 hours ago, Enzo1998 said:

I'm in Italy, and I'm fine with everithing that don't look like a Noctua or a Schyte ?, however I don't know if there is something that looks good and has good performance with a price near to 60€, and that isn't higher more than 166 cm.

If you're just trying to avoid silver, good options include:

Gammax 400: https://www.amazon.it/DeepCool-Gammaxx-Dissipatore-Silenziosa-Compatibile/dp/B01N6ALCUY/ref=sr_1_62?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1547745650&sr=1-62&keywords=cooler+master+cpu

eSports ONE: https://www.amazon.it/Arctic-Freezer-eSports-One-raffreddamento/dp/B076LQ2BJZ/ref=sr_1_49?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1547745597&sr=1-49&keywords=arctic+cpu+cooler

Hyper 212 BE: https://www.amazon.it/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-Black-Tower/dp/B07H9HJLG5/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1547745748&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=hyper+212+black

If you want rgb, Gammaxx GT is good: https://www.amazon.it/dp/B071J2VQQW/?tag=pcp06-21

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

29 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

The Ryzen 5 1600 is rated at 65W, so a liquid cooler is actually kind of useless for it.  Unless you're going to OC it, I'd just slap a cheap tower cooler like the Hyper 212 EVO or Gammaxx 300 on there, and then swap the fan out for a better one if you need it quiet.  I use an i5-6400 in my home PC with the Gammaxx, and even under full load with a basic 120mm fan running at 1,000RPM, it barely gets warm.  I turn it down to about 500RPM at idle or for browsing, and it's completely silent inside my case.

Yeah, I'm overclocking it, and actually I'm at 3.8Ghz, and I vanna try to push it up to 3.9/4 without Limp the stock cooler ?
However if an air cooler wil be enough to cool it, it will be really valuable choice