looking for 120/140mm outtake fan

askquestionthengo

Im currently using cheap corsair af120 fans from a dual pack which has pretty bad CFM and static pressure so Im looking for a pair (not exactly dual pack) of 120mm or 140mm case fans, my budget is $20 for each

What's the model name for the fans you're using? How are you determining the that airflow and static pressure is bad? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's the model name for the fans you're using? How are you determining the that airflow and static pressure is bad? 

heres the amazon link https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-AF120-Quiet-High-Airflow/dp/B00F6S0XJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547197466&sr=8-1&keywords=af120

its CFM is 52.19 and its static pressure is 0.75 mm/H2O

2 hours ago, askquestionthengo said:

How is that bad? Are your temps too high?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, WoodenMarker said:

How is that bad? Are your temps too high?

I mean when you compare it to other fans its pretty bad

I have

2 hours ago, askquestionthengo said:

I have the SP version, very happy with it. It is better than some generic fans I have.

I would rate them as mid tier, decent fans. I am not sure how much of a noticeable benefit you will notice unless you are OK with more noise.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

You can usually find some Corsair SP120L fans on eBay.  They come off of the Corsair H80i and H100i AIOs which the seller I purchased mine from pulled them off of and then sold them new.  They were under $10 each.  The fans are 2700 RPM, 71 CFM, and 4 m3/h static pressure at full speed.  They aren't quiet at full speed so you probably will run them slower, but they will likely behave the same as the 2000 RPM version.   

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A12x25-PWM-Premium-Quality-Quiet/dp/B07C5VG64V/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547329455&sr=8-3&keywords=120mm+Noctua+NF-A12x25

These will be the ones to pick and give a noticeable difference, if your really serious I would break budget for these. Anything else will be a waste of money as you will likely not see a noticable difference.

Even these only have 8CFM more and the biggest difference is pressure, which shouldnt be the main concern for airflow fans.

The big benefit here is the reduced noise these fans boast!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

17 hours ago, askquestionthengo said:

If you're referring to specs, then I can see why they look bad. That being said, there's little to no regulation between manufacturers on how the specs are measured and you should take them with a grain of salt. When comparing fans, look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews instead. 

From my experience, AF120 LED QE's are pretty middle of the road but far from bad. They generally perform fine unless you need something very quiet. 

What are your specs and temps? Better case fans don't make much of a difference if cooling is already adequate.