Streamlining Windows for Plex

TubsAlwaysWins
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

There really isn't much to do. Windows doesn't have that much that will slow it down. Linux will be faster(slightly), but not due to the lower bloat and background stuff, but due to the better code optimization and the generally faster kernel.

A nuc should be fine for plex.

Does anyone have any tips for how to streamline my Windows 10 for maximum speed on my new plex server? I have an intel NUC I dedicated to Plex about 10 minutes ago lol. The computer wont be doing anything but sitting on my desk with a hard drive plugged in. I dont really need anything faster, but ya know why the hell not.

Would it just be better to slap Ubuntu or Mint on it for max efficiency? Or would it be a better idea to move my hosting to one of my Poweredge R610s with VMware and a linux distro installed?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

There really isn't much to do. Windows doesn't have that much that will slow it down. Linux will be faster(slightly), but not due to the lower bloat and background stuff, but due to the better code optimization and the generally faster kernel.

54 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Rad thanks. Hope you had a great christmas!

Breaking things 1 day at a time