Mouse Grips - Palm, Claw, and Fingertip. What style should you use?

IDprofile

It depends on what I'm doing actually, when I'm browsing I use a finger grip, and when I'm gaming I either palm it or claw it, it just depends on the situation I suppose.

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

Palm. MX518 ftw :D. Also you should make a poll.

omg that is ancient xD still have one in the basement somewhere used that thing for years

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

CLAW!

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

depending on the mood i claw/fingertip in gaming. i wish i could palm for browsing, and real claw for gaming, but hands are to big

on razer naga hex

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

• 1 year later...

I know that palm is supposed to be natural, but I find fingertips far more natural than palm.

Don't know why my grip is like this. Maybe it's 'cause I play LoL, War Thunder, WoT, WoWS and Planetside 2 a lot. Sanctum occasionally, FTL occasionally, Elsword and Battlefield is rare. I guess It suits me because I play multiple genres.

Palm is not supposed to be more natural. It's all personal preference.

I use claw grip all the time... Used it from when I got into PC gaming [emoji1]

Using a Logitech G303 I use a combination of claw and palm grip; but not fingertip, I relax my index finger and thumb but my middle finger, ring and pinky fingers are all in claw formation...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

fingertip because I find it a lot easier to move it around since I'm not confined by my wrist.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Depends which mouse I'm using, but mostly palm

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

depends on the size of the mouse

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

depends on the size of the mouse

nah #PalmsAllTheThings !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Palm.

Held my mouse that way forever. Everything else is just unnatural.

seconded. It's one of the biggest reasons I went with the big (and high) MX Master instead the (smaller) gaming mice. That thing is huge and I love it.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

seconded. It's one of the biggest reasons I went with the big (and high) MX Master instead the (smaller) gaming mice. That thing is huge and I love it.

I love my MX Master for non-gaming use.

• 7 months later...

I palm a Logitech Performance MX, and because I have somewhat large hands, the tips of my fingers meet the edge of the mouse and my middle finger actually overhangs the right mouse button by a few millimeters. It is comfortable. I have a high cps using it, and I can game for hours with minimal fatigue and good in game performance.

performance mx.png

6 hours ago, GormyGorm said:

I palm a Logitech Performance MX, and because I have somewhat large hands, the tips of my fingers meet the edge of the mouse and my middle finger actually overhangs the right mouse button by a few millimeters. It is comfortable. I have a high cps using it, and I can game for hours with minimal fatigue and good in game performance.

Thumbs up for that mouse, I love it. It's been my mouse for years until I finally caved and bought the MX Master. I can't live without the horizontal scroll wheel anymore (using it to switch between Win 10 desktops rocks), but I still prefer the shape and heft of the Performance MX.
I think I may even one day take my MX Master apart and put some random lead bits on the inside to make it heavier.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

On 7/7/2016 at 4:48 AM, ElfenSky said:

Thumbs up for that mouse, I love it. It's been my mouse for years until I finally caved and bought the MX Master. I can't live without the horizontal scroll wheel anymore (using it to switch between Win 10 desktops rocks), but I still prefer the shape and heft of the Performance MX.
I think I may even one day take my MX Master apart and put some random lead bits on the inside to make it heavier.

I saw the MX Master in Best Buy and loved it, but I was on a budget so I went on Amazon and bought the Performance MX for $50. For some reason, the back button on the side of the mouse doesn't click, but it still works. If you have any idea why, message me. It is kinda awkward, especially for when I edit video.

palm always, only claw for gaming.

Where am I? What is this place?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2016 at 9:28 PM, GormyGorm said:

performance mx.png

Have you tried a MX Master? It is the true successor to the MX Revolution the Performance MX is also in that family

On 7/9/2016 at 11:26 PM, GormyGorm said:

I saw the MX Master in Best Buy and loved it, but I was on a budget so I went on Amazon and bought the Performance MX for $50. For some reason, the back button on the side of the mouse doesn't click, but it still works. If you have any idea why, message me. It is kinda awkward, especially for when I edit video.

contact Logitech theyll swap it out if its still under warranty.

On 8/3/2016 at 8:33 PM, TheProfosist said:

Have you tried a MX Master? It is the true successor to the MX Revolution the Performance MX is also in that family

contact Logitech theyll swap it out if its still under warranty.

I have not hand much hands on experience with it. I have only held it in Best Buy, and I do not think I have any extended warranty on the mouse. I purchased it on Amazon for about $50. I do a lot of video editing, so for the sole purpose of having that little mousewheel on the side to scrub through videos in Adobe Premiere,

• 4 weeks later...

I use a fingertip grip. Has an advantage in that you can easily hit all macro buttons on a mouse. I can't ever palm grip a mouse. They're all just so small. Even the ones that claim to be big.