I need help with my RAM issue and my monitor issue...

Yhtjdhvhdhyckr
Go to solution Solved by Chronified,

Put the RAM back in 1 stick at a time and try it with the GPU pulled since you have onboard graphics.

If it refuses to boot on the first stick with no GPU, pull it and try another stick, if both sticks are bad try a different slot, if they still don't work try a friends stick, if it still doesn't work you possibly have a bent CPU pin or a bad motherboard. 

If using the onboard graphics and not the GPU works with all your RAM, you know your GPU is bad. 

I turned my computer on this morning and it was in a cycle of turning off and on and nothing was being displayed on my monitor. I tried turning it on again without the RAM and it worked, but nothing was being displayed on my monitor. I don't know if it's the RAM or the RAM slot and I don't know why nothing is being displayed on my monitor. If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix my two issues, please let me know. Also, I've provided my computer specifications down below if needed...

Computer specifications:

• Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 7100
  • Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Put the RAM back in 1 stick at a time and try it with the GPU pulled since you have onboard graphics.

If it refuses to boot on the first stick with no GPU, pull it and try another stick, if both sticks are bad try a different slot, if they still don't work try a friends stick, if it still doesn't work you possibly have a bent CPU pin or a bad motherboard. 

If using the onboard graphics and not the GPU works with all your RAM, you know your GPU is bad. 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

8 minutes ago, Chronified said:

Hello again. So, I only had one stick of memory, so I decided to try taking out and putting in the RAM stick for the tenth time today. Guess what? Everything is working now.

Also, I didn't mention this because I figured I didn't need to, but before these two issues came about, according to my Windows 10 installation, two files within 'system32' were corrupt and I spent about an hour with Microsoft support. In the middle of troubleshooting my issue, the two issues came about and I gave up. Since then, I tried everything I could imagine such as reinstalling my RAM, reinstalling my graphics cart, reinstalling my processor and making sure all of the cables were plugged in correctly. With no progress made, I just decided to make this forum in case anybody could help me fix my two issues.

Today has just been a cluster of bad things happening with my technology... At least it's fixed now xD

2 minutes ago, Yhtjdhvhdhyckr said:

Hello again. So, I only had one stick of memory, so I decided to try taking out and putting in the RAM stick for the tenth time today. Guess what? Everything is working now.

Also, I didn't mention this because I figured I didn't need to, but before these two issues came about, according to my Windows 10 installation, two files within 'system32' were corrupt and I spent about an hour with Microsoft support. In the middle of troubleshooting my issue, the two issues came about and I gave up. Since then, I tried everything I could imagine such as reinstalling my RAM, reinstalling my graphics cart, reinstalling my processor and making sure all of the cables were plugged in correctly. With no progress made, I just decided to make this forum in case anybody could help me fix my two issues.

Today has just been a cluster of bad things happening with my technology... At least it's fixed now xD

For your corruption, type CMD in the start, right click it and open as an Administrator. Type "sfc /scannow", that tool sucks but it's always a good first stop.

After that is completed run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in administrator mode as well, this is a rebuild tool that fixes the System32 folder.

Once that is completed, close EVERYTHING, type "powershell" into the start menu, open as Administrator and paste

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

This will rebuild anything on your PC running the universal windows platform (Windows store, preinstalled apps etc) 

Good luck!

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

6 minutes ago, Chronified said:

For your corruption, type CMD in the start, right click it and open as an Administrator. Type "sfc /scannow", that tool sucks but it's always a good first stop.

After that is completed run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in administrator mode as well, this is a rebuild tool that fixes the System32 folder.

Once that is completed, close EVERYTHING, type "powershell" into the start menu, open as Administrator and paste

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

This will rebuild anything on your PC running the universal windows platform (Windows store, preinstalled apps etc) 

Good luck!

For this, couldn't I just reset my computer and wouldn't it have the same effect? I mean, the only thing I use for my gaming machine is to play games on Steam. I don't have any important information or files ever saved on either one of my drives.

1 minute ago, Yhtjdhvhdhyckr said:

For this, couldn't I just reset my computer and wouldn't it have the same effect? I mean, the only thing I use for my gaming machine is to play games on Steam. I don't have any important information or files ever saved on either one of my drives.

If you have corrupted System32 files they're not just going to fix themself by restarting lol,

Restarting may have an opposite effect, every time you restart your PC you better pray it actually comes back, because a LOT of those System32 files are important for the boot process of your system. 

If you don't trust the commands up there google them to see what they do before you run them, but trust me, you're going to want to rebuild your System32 folder sooner than later. It'd also be good to run your storage manufacturers diagnostic tool to see if your C drive is slipping away on you, it's the most common cause of corrupted System32 files.

My rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

70.5 Whr Battery

*deep breath*

Just now, Chronified said:

If you have corrupted System32 files they're not just going to fix themself by restarting lol,

Restarting may have an opposite effect, every time you restart your PC you better pray it actually comes back, because a LOT of those System32 files are important for the boot process of your system. 

If you don't trust the commands up there google them to see what they do before you run them, but trust me, you're going to want to rebuild your System32 folder sooner than later. It'd also be good to run your storage manufacturers diagnostic tool to see if your C drive is slipping away on you, it's the most common cause of corrupted System32 files.

I don't think you understand. I didn't mention anything about restarting my computer. Instead, I wrote about if resetting the computer would have the same effect. What I mean by this is the 'sysem32' files are deleted alongside all other files. After this, 'system32' is installed again, but without all other files. This results in a clean installation. After it's installed, you have to set up Windows again.

This is an option through the Settings through: Update & Security > Recover > Reset this PC

10 minutes ago, Yhtjdhvhdhyckr said:

I don't think you understand. I didn't mention anything about restarting my computer. Instead, I wrote about if resetting the computer would have the same effect. What I mean by this is the 'sysem32' files are deleted alongside all other files. After this, 'system32' is installed again, but without all other files. This results in a clean installation. After it's installed, you have to set up Windows again.

This is an option through the Settings through: Update & Security > Recover > Reset this PC

Ah, yes, I misread. I thought you meant

Image result for have you tried turning it off and on again

I try to format my windows as little as possible, reinstalling all of my games/software is a huge pain, especially my Steam library. The backup feature never works for me and rediscovering the existing files can sometimes take longer than just redownloading the games (I have Gigabit)

But if it's about that time because you've got a lot of crap on your PC and you're noticing it's slow, I'd recommend creating a boot USB using the Windows Media Creation Tool as opposed to restarting from the settings menu. If there's a Virus that caused that corruption resetting your PC isn't going to help, most virus' are programmed to dig themselves into your recovery. 

The tool will give you an upto date boot USB, with the latest Windows updates installed already instead of rolling back your PC to whatever it had when you first booted. This will save hours just of Windows updates and restarts.

Make sure you deactivate your windows before you start the process and you have your Windows key handy for the reinstall.

P.s. ninite.com  has a nice tool to bulk install software once you've reset your PC, it does the install process' of many common programs for you while skipping the bloatware options. Just go to the site, check off what programs you want installed, download the installer, run, enjoy your saved time!

My rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

70.5 Whr Battery

*deep breath*

2 minutes ago, Chronified said:

Ah, yes, I misread. I thought you meant

Image result for have you tried turning it off and on again

I try to format my windows as little as possible, reinstalling all of my games/software is a huge pain, especially my Steam library. The backup feature never works for me and rediscovering the existing files can sometimes take longer than just redownloading the games (I have Gigabit)

But if it's about that time because you've got a lot of crap on your PC and you're noticing it's slow, I'd recommend creating a boot USB using the Windows Media Creation Tool as opposed to restarting from the settings menu. If there's a Virus that caused that corruption resetting your PC isn't going to help, most virus' are programmed to dig themselves into your recovery. 

The tool will give you an upto date boot USB, with the latest Windows updates installed already instead of rolling back your PC to whatever it had when you first booted. This will save around hours just of Windows updates and restarts.

Make sure you deactivate your windows before you start the process and you have your Windows key handy for the reinstall.

P.s. ninite.com  has a nice tool to bulk install software once you've reset your PC, it does the install process' of many common programs for you while skipping the bloatware options. 

Just mentioning it, I don't even think I have a virus... I mean, games are, quite literally, the only things I have on my gaming machine except for the Windows 10 files, software drivers, software needed for my games and Google Chrome. I've even uninstalled the installation files for all of my programs.

Perhaps I should uninstall everything on my computer (except for the Windows 10 files of course) and go from there... I should also do a scan of both of my drives as you previously mentioned.

Thanks