Is Christmas Music expensive?

Xanthe_2871

I've noticed some trends whwn trying to play Christmas music that make me wonder if it's more expensive than typical music. The local radio station plays at least double the normal amount of commercials during Christmas music. Goolge Assistant tries all it can to avoid playing the songs I want, if I just say "Ok Google, play Christmas music." I get Christmas rap, or lofi hip-hop, or some nobody artist (sorry to be rude, best luck to 'ya, but you're not what I want today) singing their version of a popular song... If I want Kelly Clarkson, or Josh Groban, I have to specifically request it, and even then the auto play after won't be the same artist. 

Even ad-free XM radio pads out the Christmas station with long narration about how the last song was used in a movie, or the singer would celebrate Christmas in such a way, etc. So are the royalties more expensive or something?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

16 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I've noticed some trends whwn trying to play Christmas music that make me wonder if it's more expensive than typical music. The local radio station plays at least double the normal amount of commercials during Christmas music. Goolge Assistant tries all it can to avoid playing the songs I want, if I just say "Ok Google, play Christmas music." I get Christmas rap, or lofi hip-hop, or some nobody artist (sorry to be rude, best luck to 'ya, but you're not what I want today) singing their version of a popular song... If I want Kelly Clarkson, or Josh Groban, I have to specifically request it, and even then the auto play after won't be the same artist. 

Even ad-free XM radio pads out the Christmas station with long narration about how the last song was used in a movie, or the singer would celebrate Christmas in such a way, etc. So are the royalties more expensive or something?

Probably the case. But the real question is. Why are you trying to listen to Christmas music.

They probably charge more because they can and they only get royalties for 2 months of the year really. 

1 hour ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

The local radio station plays at least double the normal amount of commercials during Christmas music.

Because its when companies make the most profit for the entire year!

Companies spend more on commercials to get their message out there, so customers buy their shit!

I want an XM personal radio, because regular radio is stupid with too many commercials.

I use spotify or Apple music to just stream Michael Bublé (or 'the bubes')